Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: That was Close!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-30-2015 08:19 PM)Detecting Diva Wrote: [ -> ]Kudos to you--I'd say that's a good silver count. I've never kept track of mine, but I think I'm going to start keeping a count for 2016.  And you still have another day to go :-)

Thank you everyone, for the replies Happy Diva, prior to last year, I too never kept track of my counts, but it always annoyed me not knowing exactly how I did. So, I started tracking it to monitor my progress, if any, throughout the year. It keeps things exciting, and also gives me a shot in the arm if I start getting lazy!

(12-30-2015 08:28 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice Joe! Congrats on 90 Fty, it does sound and look a bit better, I'd have to agree.

I hope I find the first silver of the year! I've found my one and only silver (1896 barber) out of 3 months detecting like a month ago. I wish there was a buckle or nail fty... I'd be ballinYesCool

Zach, this hobby really only comes down to 3 things...

1. Get a machine you enjoy swinging, and make sure it's optimal for the soil in your region.
2. Learn your machine like the back of your hand.
3. Probably the most important element...Find the oldest spots you can, and hunt the $hit out of them.

We all sometimes tend to make things more complicated, but, in a nutshell, the recipe for success in detecting is encapsulated in the 3 steps, above Wink

As I've said many times before, we also tend to gravitate towards, and become more proficient at certain types of hunting, depending upon our locales. Here in NJ, no chance of detecting for gold nuggets, so I learned the beaches & old coin hunting.

Somewhere in the deep south may not have beaches, but they may have tons of relics to dig. You get the drift.

Learn what's available in your area in quantity, concentrate on that specific niche, and give it hell.

Joe
Great finds Joe! I don't keep track at all. If it's worthy for a special place in the collection, it goes into the China cabinet display case. Within a 50 mile radius of where I live, there are parks, beaches, sports fields, green spaces, but I choose to go off the beaten path and search for colonial cellar holes. We all have our comfort zones and favorite spots, depending on where we live. I know guys that can fill a coffee can with rings in one year hunting the beach and sports fields. That might be something to try next year as well, but my heart belongs to the colonial goodies Happy
Great way to end the year !!!!!
sweet silver!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's