Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Detecting Camera Set-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get emails a lot on Youtube asking what I use to film my hunts, and a few people have also asked on the forum, so...

I use a teeny weeny little camera called a Mobius. The thing is extraordinary. Shoots in full HD, takes still photos, can be used as a web cam, a dash cam in one's car, and a million other things. They have all types of add-on's you can buy for them like mounts, etc., but I just affixed some velcro to the cradle it came with, and attach it to the visor of my hat.

This camera has filmed every hunt video on my Youtube channel. And the footage could look even better if I messed with my Youtube settings, and the camera settings itself, but I like to keep it simple.

To be fair, the only real negative about it is, it's not really good with close-up shots, like showing the details of a coin, or something like that. It can do that okay, but not it's strong suit, which is pretty much the same for almost all action cams. Also...

Having it affixed to the hat works well in the Spring & Fall seasons, but it get's too hot to wear the hat in the Summer's, but since I don't hunt much in the Summer anyway, it works out.

Best part about it, though...HANDS FREE VIDEO Happy

Joe
Thanks for the update!! Crap, looks like my hat and I don't have a camera on it!!
LOL!!

Ed
That's pretty nifty. And I have seen your videos before and its pretty cool seeing that's what you use. I think it'd shoot better quality video if it was a eagles hat though, just saying. Yes

Kidding. Tongue
How is the camera mount attached to the hat? Adhesives sticker? As I mentioned in a another post, I gave each of my sons the sj4000 with all kind of mounting hardware. Hopefully, they will capture some nice fishing videos. If so, I'll share them if your interested. Anyway, Joe that camera does a excellent job capturing your hunts. Thank you for taking the time to share your hunts and all the tips you give us!
cool as beans wish I could figure cameras out
(01-01-2016 08:36 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]How is the camera mount attached to the hat? Adhesives sticker? As I mentioned in a another post, I gave each of my sons the sj4000 with all kind of mounting hardware. Hopefully, they will capture some nice fishing videos. If so, I'll share them if your interested. Anyway, Joe that camera does a excellent job capturing your hunts. Thank you for taking the time to share your hunts and all the tips you give us!

The camera came with a cradle mount, which the Mobius slides into. I slid it in, and attached a piece of velcro to the bottom of the cradle, and the other piece on the bill of my cap. When I'm going hunting, I simply pop the camera on the velcro, and voila, I've got a hands-free video rig Happy

The SJ4000 is pretty much neck & neck to the Mobius, video quality wise. It too is an incredible camera, at a great price. The only area in which I feel the Mobius edges out the SJ, is with its smaller size.

(01-01-2016 02:15 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]cool as beans wish I could figure cameras out

Steve, this little thing is as easy as pie. There's literally just 2 buttons you need to press to start recording, that's it. The only tricky part, to be honest, is remembering to turn it off after recording a dig. I only have an 8gb memory card, which is usually good for capturing about 30 targets, but I've accidentally left it running before for like 10 or 15 minutes after I retrieved something, and then I can't film much else for the day.

For $70, these things can't be beat Wink
Thanks for the info Joe. But question what is the cost of that unit ? And just saying you need a new hat buddy
Many big name companies are now buying the knock off  SJ4000's and rebranding them with their own name, Sony and others seen them advertised here in Canada for $49.00

http://pevly.com/sjcam-sj4000-wifi-actio...ra-review/

Buy a bunch cheap.
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=...ext=SJ4000
(01-02-2016 01:58 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info Joe. But question what is the cost of that unit ? And just saying you need a new hat buddy

I wrote it above, Scott, at the end of the post. The Mobius' are about $70, and comes with the mounting cradle, some velcro, a lens cap, and some other stuff. Their velcro sucks though, and I'd advise buying some heavy duty stuff in Harbor Freight or Home Depot. The hat? I've had it forever, and I grow attached to things. If you think that's dirty, you should see my car & detector Wink

Sven, the SJ is also a great camera, about on par with the Mobius, but the Mobius does it for me, as it's smaller, and a wee less bulky. Although...

Aside from that, I really don't think one could go wrong with either camera.

Joe
Reference URL's