Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Saddle Up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Joe, you have one terrific piece of dirt there! Congratulations on those finds!
The round metal objects might be old aluminum kids tokens. They look pretty thin though - so they just might be aluminum play money.

I was out yesterday - Sunday - got really deep signals but they turned out to be a bent copper tubing pipe and a thick brass cap of some sort. I did get about seven nickels because I was trying for a Goldie!
Good luck if you get back out there this week.
Nice finds Joe, glad you're able to hunt. Keep up the good work!
Joe ,
I think the metal discs you are finding are old roofing cap fasteners. You drive a nail through them when laying down the roof underlayment to increase the size of the nail's head and keep them from tearing through the paper.
deathray can verify

http://www.shop.com/Hillman+Fasteners+46...aQod-zoOzg
That's a good possibility, Dusty. The one's in the link are more oval, and mine are completely round, but I'm sure they make them in a variety of shapes & sizes.

Unlike hot rocks, which are pretty easy to call, a good portion of the time, these things sound EXACTLY like a deep coin, and they VID as coins, too. So, almost impossible to NOT dig. I probably find about 5 or 6 per hunt.

Good call Yes

Joe
The ones in the link are 1 5/8" in diameter. The picture distorts that a little. I think that other three number dimension is for the container with a pound of them. They are made of steel , tin and plastic in different sizes , some have a hole in the center , some do not. Basically a thin fender washer is all.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's