Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Saddle Up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another day of temps in the mid 40's, and I was going to take advantage of it!

Ground is the best I've seen it all year long, soil is like a soft pound cake in texture. I only did about 3 hours today, but managed a few wheats, the barber, the rosie, and the awesome lead horse figurine.

Does anyone know what that thing with the looped end is? A key of some sort? You can see it's notched on the other end.

Those round half dollar sized things in the photo with my clad are these tin objects, and I find them by the bushel. Sometimes they come up bent in half, other times rounded, but they sound EXACTLY like deep silvers, so I always dig'm.

I don't think I've ever been out this early in the year, when the digging was this good/easy. Absolutely amazing Yes

Joe
Yet another great hunt with some old silver and relics! I believe the key is for an old six lever lock. Very interesting find. The barber is awesome. I've never found one
Nice catch on the Barber and the Rosie Joe and congrats on 3 FTY!!!! Yes Like that lead toy horse too! Got no idea what those tin rounds are. Snowing lightly here now. Was out yesterday for about 2 hours with nothing other than clad but the temps were up to 33F. 24F tonight and no reprieve until Wednesday when they say it's going to be in the 40's for a couple of days. Ground had about an inch of freeze yesterday but it was nothing using the Sampson digger.

Ed
WTG Joe!! You are off to a fast start in 2016!! Congrats!!
(01-03-2016 05:56 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another great hunt with some old silver and relics! I believe the key is for an old six lever lock. Very interesting find. The barber is awesome. I've never found one

A lever lock? That's a new one, gonna look it up. Thanks, Medic Yes

(01-03-2016 06:10 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice catch on the Barber and the Rosie Joe and congrats on 3 FTY!!!! Yes Like that lead toy horse too! Got no idea what those tin rounds are. Snowing lightly here now. Was out yesterday for about 2 hours with nothing other than clad but the temps were up to 33F. 24F tonight and no reprieve until Wednesday when they say it's going to be in the 40's for a couple of days. Ground had about an inch of freeze yesterday but it was nothing using the Sampson digger.

Ed

We got REAL cold air moving in tonight, so, ground might freeze this week, or at least be tougher to dig in, but, yes, the Sampson's make it MUCH easier. Just to be out digging in January is astounding, but to have diggable ground, and to be finding stuff is crazy. If someone would've told me in October that I'd be out hunting comfortably in January, I would've had them assigned to an insane asylum.

P.S. - I thought that little coin was play money, but after looking it up, it's a ten cent piece from Iceland...that's a first!

Joe
Awesome finds Joe and congrats on #3! Huge start to the year, by the way you're going you'll hit 100 fty easy!
My favorite is the horse and key and the barber.
You're right about it being a key and medic is as well with it belonging to those 6 lever locks. I have a few of them that were passed down to me and the key looks pretty much the same. They are pretty cool.
Not exact, but similar

[Image: 14518608883130_zpshjikhsqm.jpg]
Aha! Nice, but now I wish I found the lock, instead of the key Sad LOL

Joe

(01-03-2016 06:42 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Not exact, but similar

Cool digs Joe (tu)

BeerBeer
(01-03-2016 06:46 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Aha! Nice, but now I wish I found the lock, instead of the key Sad LOL

Joe

(01-03-2016 06:42 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Not exact, but similar

I found a 6 lever lock like the one in the picture, but it's missing one face plate. If it was the whole thing I'd send it to you to compliment your key. Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's