Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Closed for the Season!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Up until last Sunday, the ground was damn near perfect, but Monday & Tuesday a real arctic blast of frigid air blew in, and DAMN, amazing how only 2 days of sub-zero temps can alter the soil.

Get to my spot this morning, and attempted to strike my shovel in the ground while I got my detector from the trunk...dirt was frozen solid! Thought I was gonna have to mosey on back home, but it was a hair softer in certain locations, and once the morning frost melted, it helped some, too. After the first few inches, the soil was like butter, but it was a bi@$h opening a hole. I was literally hopping on my shovel like a pogo stick just to get it into the ground. Anywho...

Did almost 6 hours, and I ended up with 5 silvers...2 Washington's & 3 mercs. Got about 6 or 7 wheaties, and the regular junk, also.

That's it, for the season, over, finito, done, gone fishin, retired, last train to georgia, over and out, closed for business till spring!!!

Only 8 more weeks to go Drunk

Joe
Great hunt Joe! That's 8 FTY I think. Good early start. We got 40's coming at us next two days but I doubt I'll get out. Started tumbling clad today and that'll take 2 weeks tops, non stop. Going to roll it and get a pair of Grey Ghost NDT as my Koss's are getting scratchy. Have a nice Winter!!

Ed
I feel your pain Joe! At least you were able to squeeze out 5 silvers! That's a great finish. Thank God its only 8 weeks till spring...maybe closer to ten for us here.
Very glad you got that one last hunt in Joe..great finds what a start on the silver count,,8weeks is too damn long. My detector been gone one week and i am going crazy cause i think o can still hunt in the woods..
Nice finds Joe. Wasn't sure if you would go out today. 22 degrees this morning but at least it wasn't windy. Surprised the ground was hard after only one cold day. Gerry
Its about time I gave up 2 months ago
(01-06-2016 10:28 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Its about time I gave up 2 months ago

Steve, I need every edge I can get! I don't hunt much in the Summer due to the heat, and I lose more time due to dry ground which happens every year, plus all of the other miscellaneous reasons I usually can't get to hunt, so, I'm lucky if I'm able to hunt 4 or 5 months out of the year. To be able to detect in January is a blessing of the highest order. I'd like to get out again! Yes

Joe
It is a shame you have decided to allow Mother Nature to shut you down for the winter LOL. Our weather here changes so rapidly I don't know if I should try to hunt or not. This morning it was in the 20s and right now it is 54. Ground is hard as a brick and the wind is blowing cold. Anyway great hunt. I haven't found 5 silver in one day for over 2 years. We have so many folks hunting here you have to step on some ones toes just to check where they are standing. Have a great winter break.
Nice hunting Joe! Your skillz and your spots have abundance of silver making for a super hunt! Gj!!
Great way to start the year off. I went out also found 1 1929, Merc. and an a Canada dime 1943. Plus a $5.00 bill in the leaves.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's