Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Whites xlt detector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, I am about to upgrade to a whites xlt, 2009 used detector. Any sage advice y'all can share about this machine? Thanks in advance, padiggy..
they were a great coin machine in there day lots of people still like to use them.
(01-07-2016 12:52 PM)Padiggydirt Wrote: [ -> ]Hey folks, I am about to upgrade to a whites xlt, 2009 used detector. Any sage advice y'all can share about this machine? Thanks in advance, padiggy..

Nice general machine for sure. Whites flagship for like 20 years. Depends on the asking price whether it's a good upgrade or not?
It's gonna run 400.00. But it has had the tune up and was recently serviced. Looks barly used to be honest. I think most machines would be an upgrade from my bounty hunter. It does the job, but lacks depth and discrimination. I still find cool stuff, but really have become eco friendly... And not by choice....lol
(01-09-2016 06:41 PM)Padiggydirt Wrote: [ -> ]It's gonna run 400.00. But it has had the tune up and was recently serviced. Looks barly used to be honest. I think most machines would be an upgrade from my bounty hunter. It does the job, but lacks depth and discrimination. I still find cool stuff, but really have become eco friendly... And not by choice....lol

That would be my high limit on a like new one.  3 to 350 seems to be the going rate.
I know very little about the XLT's, except that at one time they were one of THE units to have. Many still use them, and love them. I started out with a dumbed down version of an XLT...an MXT. It was a good machine, and I found a bunch with it. Don't think one could go wrong with any White's, as not only are they great units, they're built like tanks, and the company has probably the best customer service out of all the various detector outfits.

Just keep in mind, the XLT requires a fair amount of fiddling to work at its best. Yes, there are turn-on-and-go programs, which are fairly good, but for more precise performance, one needs to set it up according to many variables. I only say this because, as great a unit as it is, if you're more of a "set it and forget" guy, it might be more than you bargained for. If you enjoy fiddling, testing & experimenting (I don't), it will be a good fit.

Joe
Reference URL's