Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I Lied!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever see the movie “Groundhog Day”? That’s what it feels like lately. Every time I say I’m going to wrap up my season, the weather changes for the better. I have never seen a seasonal pattern like this, in all my years of detecting. It just does not want to stay cold...but I’m not complaining.

Tried a few different spots, today. Very little to show for it. However, the ground has COMPLETELY thawed out, and is once again like butter. It was frozen solid this past weekend. Cue the Twilight Zone music. Drunk

I got a merc, an indian, and a few other items, but the cuff link is my favorite find of the day.

Not gonna say the season is over again, as this Winter is too bizarre to comprehend. I’m on standby! Chuckle

P.S. - I'll try to get a video of the hunt up, tomorrow, but it'll be short! I only caught the merc, indian, and a few wheats on film.

Joe
Nice finds for someone who was all done digging. This years weather is quite funny warm cold freeze thaw repeat real warm here today and foggy as hell
Well done! I'm with you...that cufflink is awesome! It has some age to it, that's for sure. Nice early Merc as well! Glad to see you're still getting out. Big rainstorm heading this way tomorrow, then a snowstorm that going to follow the New England coast up to Canada. We're screwed Sad
Nice catch on the merc and the IH! Yes Beer Got out today for a bit with only a 1921 Wheat so you're doin' pretty good Joe!

Ed
good finds Joe get them while you can really cold coming in here tomorrow. below zero almost every night this next week
Nice finds Joe! I'm glad ya lied to us.
That knife looks to be a older case knife. They have some pretty nice collector knifes.
Nice save on the coins as well. Merc looks real good, nice and shiny!
Extremely nice hunt you had yourself there Yes
Nice finds Joe! Glad the weather is still allowing you to hunt!
Good deal Joe

no go here for diggin -- was good enough temp wise for 2 days but too much snow on ground and it rained for both days and now the temps are dropping again and the snow has started back up No

Love your Tag thing and the cufflink

cool merc & injun too Yes

BeerBeer
(01-10-2016 12:43 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Good deal Joe

no go here for diggin -- was good enough temp wise for 2 days but too much snow on ground and it rained for both days and now the temps are dropping again and the snow has started back up No

Love your Tag thing and the cufflink

cool merc & injun too Yes

BeerBeer

Same carpola here, snows gone but raining, slop everywhere. 41F here today
10-23F, possibly to 27F by Thursday. And the snow will cover the grass again.
This whole week is supposed to only be in the mid 30's for highs, and in the teens & 20's at night, so, not looking good for the ground remaining diggable much longer. But it froze and thawed once already, so it could do it again. It is 62 degrees here, today!!! No hunting, but we like 62 in the middle of January Happy

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's