Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Looking for constructive criticism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Just looking to get some constructive criticism regarding my youtube videos. Is there anything you think I could improve on? Does anything drive you nuts or irritate you, cause you to skip through the video or groan? I really want to focus on making better videos in order to grow my channel. I'm lacking editing software. I use my phone for my videos and really can't afford a decent camera at the moment, so my first step on improving my videos is content. Don't worry about hurting my feelings or anything lol. I really could use some help! Thank you in advance Happy

https://www.youtube.com/user/RelicMedic/videos
No complaints here, I enjoyed your channel. As I keep watching your videos I will let you know if I feel something is out of place. Happy Anyway, there is a lot of video edit software for Free. Several ways to obtain it. You could use the GoPro Studio, you just need to convert video file to H.264 Video File” (.mp4), You can use Windows Movie Maker to do that.

Here are some video settings that a guy uses with his Mobius and edits it using GoPro Studio.

[attachment=7402]

Administrator you can delete this if it's not appropriate. Tried to fair.

RelicMedic, just google it. You will find a lot of information. If you need my help PM me. Good luck, keep them coming!
FYI: Don't feel bad at all about having to use your phone to film your hunts, as most smart phones nowadays shoot broadcast quality video. The ONLY reason I don't use my phone to film is, I like being hands free, as digging, holding a camera, etc. is cumbersome, to say the least.

Updown is correct, there is a plethora of free video editing software out there, which suits all experience levels, and can be used on a variety of devices (smart phones, tablets & desktops).

As for advice, I should be the LAST person doling that out, as my videos aren't exactly Scorsese-like masterpieces, lol.

As a general rule, I've found that shorter videos are better, as it's easier to hold someone's attention for 3 to 5 minutes, versus 8, 10 or longer. Unless one is digging up some incredible items, it's tough to expect someone to watch a longer video in its entirety. That's why most of my videos are around the 5 minute mark, if at all possible. Does anyone really want to sit through a 12 minute production of me digging mercury dimes and wheat pennies? Tongue

As for splashy graphics, music, and all that other puffery, it's mainly a gimmick, which some people enjoy, but it's the content that's king. Splice your finds together, and cut out all extraneous footage that takes away from the live dig...it's not necessary.

It's not rocket science, just takes some practice. After a while, you'll develop a signature style, which will show though in your videos. It might be the editing, pacing, etc., up to you.

To be honest, I think your stuff is great already, and will get even better as time marches on. Most importantly, get out there and find good shit, as without that, it won't matter what video camera or editing program you use Wink

Joe
Hello Medic: I like seeing what comes out of the ground in Canada, so keep on posting. My problem is that I'm on satellite internet and videos eat up a lot of my data allowance, so I can't watch them all. One thing I like and don't see a lot of is diggers showing and telling how their machines are set up and why. And why a change might be needed if things don't seem to be going right and why you want to dig a certain signal, but not another. As  Joe said, brevity is important and this would mean some editing, but I'm sure other E-trac users who aren't proficient yet might get a lot out of such a vid. The pic of the coin coming out of the earth would be icing on the cake. I was looking for something along these lines when I started with my Omega. Saw lots of finds but not too much instruction. Thanks for listening and good luck with your vids, they're very good.
Here's my critique!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Ed
Thank you very much for replying gents. I'll look into the editing software ASAP
Reference URL's