Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Battle Tested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to be one of those guys that would clean my machine after every hunt, buff it, shine it, and make it look like a million bucks. Now, too much work for my lazy a$$, lol. I clean my detector after the season is over. Here's what the Safari looks like after a long year (and this is isn't even the worst its been!)...

P.S. - I normally wrap the grip on all of my detectors with electrical tape, as I'm not a fan of the foam one's, due to how encrusted with dirt they get, become wet when it rains, and tend to fall apart over time. The tape enables me to simply wipe it down with a damp rag. Once this one got dirty though, it was already too late, so I left it that way, lol.

Joe
After seeing all your finds for the season, I'm not surprised that your detector is Battle Tested. Give it a Purple Heart and a pat on the back.
It's mine and I'm never going to sell it. I clean it all up in the Winter and stow it in my bedroom. Other than that, it stays in the truck under a blanket on my rear jump seat during the season. Yours looks alot like mine. Except I rarely use the cover unless it's raining. I don't care what it looks like, I just care if it works. And it does!!

Ed
Me I finally took off all coil covers this past year when I wasted my one time at a constructions site. Coils was caked up bad due to not cleaning it and thought every signal was just simply bad ground......
Nowadays I only wipe my tears face plate off with whatever is available.
My wife wishes I would quit this hobby\sport because my stuff smell like dirt and you know what that means I was out there - just being me,,,

Happy Hunting in 2016
Idk if it's because i'm new or what...But I always clean my detector after I use it. Top to bottom. I'm always bugging out that it's gonna break or something. I'm always very gentle with it as well...
If you borrowed my detector and brought it back like that i'd probably have a heart attack...!
But like Ed said, As long as it works!
Wow great to see a detector that really gets used. Mine hardly ever get cleaned besides inside the coil cover when you use them in the water they get so much fine sand I there.
Glad to see you use a minelab good machines.
That looks like a well used tool!! PERFECT!!

I don't clean my machine up too much either!! Great year and best of luck in 2016!
If you guys think the detector is dirty, you should see my car! On second thought, maybe it's better you didn't Think Chuckle

Joe
Reference URL's