Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: still at it 1_17_16 hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well 30 degrees isn't bad to hunt and the woods are still digable. Went out ti a new place and found a pretty good spot got the buckle part of a spoon and what looks like a spear tip,,i have found many plow parts and this does not look like any i have seen sharp on both sides and was pointed at one point in time.  When i was heading back to my car found another rock wall and this horseshoe horse head was about three feet from the wall..if anyone has any idea what it was for shout out..happy hunting and stay safe[attachment=7456][attachment=7457][attachment=7458][attachment=7459][attachment=7460]
Nice finds Scott! I think that horse with the horseshoe is a watch fob. I seem to remember seeing one somewhere in my searches of the past.

Ed
Decorative horse brass. Used on saddles
Nice finds Scott, The size and slot on top for leather strap seems right for a saddle decorations. To cold for me, but my blood is thin from the South.
Hunting with snow on the ground? That's pretty intense. Nice horseshoe BTW Yes
(01-18-2016 12:24 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Hunting with snow on the ground? That's pretty intense. Nice horseshoe BTW Yes

Zach the snow is helping to insulate the ground from freezing up. I know how your thinking cause this is the first year i ever tried detecting in the snow but look i am still digging instead of taking batteries out of my T2..
WTG, don't let mother nature stop you from having fun
Your horse piece is definitely a decorative horse brass. Normally they are given to show or equestrian horses. They hang from the front chest straps.

[Image: 14535981902030_zps4a7bfyxz.jpg]
Reference URL's