Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Daytona GBD Modified--off to the Races
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-20-2016 11:05 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Really fine work on the modification Sven. I had seen your page and projects before joining this forum and was amazed at what you were doing. In fact it was your recommend that led me here. Quick question---the mod has 5 controls and the Mirage has six. Are you combining functions or eliminating something. Also, are you using the same PCB in both machines, just altering the orientation to the controls, or are you also modifying the board. Been reading a lot about electronics and seeing just how complex this stuff is. I salute you on your skill and knowledge.
Same PCB.
I just left off one external control. SAT.
Left as an adjustable trimpot on the PCB.
It's a control number of us really don't use much, we usually run at 75%, so that's where the trimpot is set.  At 75% response time is fast. If you hunting for really tiny gold nuggets, you want to run a very slow SAT speed to give the detector enough time to sample the gold target to let you know its there. Sweep speed needed is a real crawl.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's