Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My stupid Missouri State Park Detecting Permit. Waht a joke!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the years they have been squeezing down the beaches and times.  Look at this crap!  They really want to make sure you can't go or don't have time to do anything! All we do is good.  We remove tent stakes, broken bottle necks with cap, wire, buried trash.  It just urinates me off! 
[Image: permit01182016_zpsyqo9o1jv.jpg]

Joe, Delete this thread because I had a typo and I don't know how it posted the identical thread?
Man Kenny, those are some limited times! But at least you can get a permit. I'm pretty certain that in Ohio you can't detect in State Parks (Forest) without a permit from the park manager (And I think that carries some restrictions, depending on whether he/she is in a great mood that day too!). The sandy beaches are okay! But for me that's a 2 hour or more drive to any of them. So I'll stay close to home with my Metroparks permit!

For any of you from Ohio, here's the rules and regs currently available: http://www.ohiometaldetecting.com/ohio-d...-laws.html

I should mention that this is from Nick A's Site: OhioMetalDetecting.com

Ed
Pretty much the same in Virginia Kenny.  In the state parks you can only look on manmade beaches and no where else, and you have to get a permit from park manager. There are no manmade beaches in the park nearest me, so I'm out of luck. The bad thing is that when you politely call to ask about regulations, someone at the office wants to give you the third degree.  Years ago, before these regs came along I used to find great quantities of silver in the parks, especially those with pools.
I agree that is a bunch of crap....I really can't believe they even took the time to write it up with those words....
Here in good old New Jersey you are not allowed to hunt the dirt in state parks. You have to get a permit for the beaches and it is only opened up after Labor Day.
But we all know the Rangers hunt or let their friends - oh I wasn't suppose to say that.
Don't fret the small stuff - get a permit and you are legit they can't stop you - unless they are having a power moment - built that is another story in itself
Kenny you should send them the pull tabs you dig as a reward for letting you hunt.
They should pay us to detect and pull all the sharps and trash from the beaches.  Next year they will likely say I can detect but can't scoop!!  Hey - it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It does mention your digging tool to be less than 12" long and only 3" wide. Think you scoop is already not allowed. It's going to be hard to use a trowel underwater. Guess you will have to hold your breathe and fan it. Afterwards, remember to fill in your holes. Chuckle If you smoke it would be a good time to consider quitting. You're going to need to be able to hold you breathe for a long time, and I hope it's not for a zinc penny. Huh
you guys all have it good here in Wisconsin No in any state park anywhere. and the state DNR say they own the water and anything under the water
Reference URL's