Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Show-off Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My tricked out 2016 AKA Berkut 5 (Golden Eagle)

This is my special 2016 Berkut. I customized to my tastes.

[attachment=7484]

Light weight and feels really nice and comfortable to hold and swing.

Control box was mounted on a s-handle from a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, added a Minelab locking collar and a BH Tall mans lower rod trimmed down in length. Which replaces the stock 3 pc. s-handle set-up.

Then added a remote headphone jack under the arm cuff.

[attachment=7477]

[attachment=7478]

[attachment=7479]

[attachment=7480]
Once again great work on the customization. Hope you can tell us soon how well it works, assuming your weather will allow. Looks like a nice compact coil. What size is your other one. And where do you do your work--basement, workshop, or maybe business? Looks like you are well prepared, wherever it is. I have always wondered why the earphone jack couldn't be removed from the unit itself. That plus a custom cord would give great flexibility.
We have a fairly large basement with a large office/workshop built out at one end.
Warmest place in the house.
Never stop impressing me. Nice work Sven! I'd like to learn. I really want a pi unit for the beach...maybe I'll learn some day and build my own Yes
That looks like a golden Eagle detector. I'm not surprised on how well it looks. I have seen quite a few of your modifications. Your work is a high level of excellence.

I'm picturing the basement with a lathe, Milling machine, workbench, pipe benders, spot welder, tig machine and diagnostic equipment.

You have skillz, and I applaud the craftsmanship! Yes

Looks good now show us whats in the pouch!!
What American made detector would you compare your detector to ?
(01-21-2016 08:15 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]What American made detector would you compare your detector to ?

The closest you'll get with a extensive colorful  multi-menu customization suite is the White's V3i. I have never used a V3i so I can't comment on performance between the two. Think the Berkut and all AKA's have a better Hodograph display to help ID a target which remains live as you move about a target.
Reference URL's