Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1/24/16 digs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still at it in the woods remove the top ice punch through the frost block and pull out trash or treasure. Today was a trash day,,old hinge ,very very heavy chunk of some kind of metal. And what i think is a horse rane guide.
[attachment=7498][attachment=7499]
Happy hunting and thanks for looking
Glad to see you could get out Scott! Puddled lead from pouring roundballs????

Ed
Yup, must be lead, cool
(01-24-2016 09:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see you could get out Scott! Puddled lead from pouring roundballs????

Ed

Here is my thinking on lead. Wouldn't it be soft metal were i could move some if the hanging metal,, i tried and it is a strong metal
(01-24-2016 10:56 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016 09:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see you could get out Scott! Puddled lead from pouring roundballs????

Ed

Here is my thinking on lead. Wouldn't it be soft metal were i could move some if the hanging metal,, i tried and it is a strong metal

Can you scratch it? Big chunks of lead like that are hard to break! It may be an alloy of lead which makes a harder bullet. Have you tried a magnet on it? You know another thought is that it could be pewter!

Ed
(01-24-2016 11:34 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016 10:56 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Can you scratch it? Big chunks of lead like that are hard to break! It may be an alloy of lead which makes a harder bullet. Have you tried a magnet on it? You know another thought is that it could be pewter!

Ed

Have tried a magnet not magnetic.  It kinda has the look of pewter,,and scratching it is to hard really believe not lead
Nice brass horse reign guide.

Yes
Nice find Scott. I like that horse reign!
Reference URL's