Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First find with new machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wife said I deserved a new machine, even though I looked like a geek using one, and she is not at all interested. I got the Cabela's TreasureTek Elite, basically the EuroTek Pro branded for Cabela's. It came with a 11" DD and  4" concentric. Still trying to figure out which edge the pinpoint is using.

I went to the vacant property behind our house and started learning. I learned that next time I need to bring a shovel. Happy  I got this hit a few inches down and uncovered the blade first. I thought it was a junk strip of metal, but I kept pulling anyway. Then the handle came out.
She's a beauty! Put some oil on her and she will shine up good
Very nice now if you woodwork you have a extra saw,,
Congrats on your new machine! We look like geeks! Ok I can live with that! Looks like that saw is going to need more than oil. Anyway, good luck on your next hunts. Thanks.
I thought a couple of plow points I dug up were big. You got me beat by quite a bit. Nice to see a find in its entirety. Keep on hunting.
That's definitely a big one!! Something that size is pretty hard to pinpoint even when you have the sensitivity to the lowest setting. The software on almost all machines is set up to target in the dead center of the coil. But it depends on the conductivity and position of the item in the ground. For example a silver coin at a 45 degree angle to level will sometimes pinpoint about 3 inches off center, hence the reason to dig a bigger diameter plug when you get that high a number and tone. It takes time but you'll get it once you have a few hours and digs under your belt. Good luck with the new machine!!

Ed/ODF.
Hope you enjoy your new machine and your able to fix the compadre!
Gl and hh
If you are out having fun and loving what you do, don't worry about "looking like a geek". I remember feeling the same way at first, but that soon went away. It's only because it's new. If you grab the rod and go fishing, you would never think you look like a geek. It's basically the same thing...only in the dirt. My wife said I was a geek too until I brought her home a nice gold ring lol. Get out, enjoy yourself and don't worry about a thing. It's therapeutic. ..trust me. I heard a quote the other day. It's not earth shattering or deep, but it's true. "I used to worry about what everyone else thought of me, but then I tried paying my bills with their opinions". Happy
Reference URL's