Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: MX Sport price is
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
$799.00. I think this will be appealing to many. I'm personally going to wait and see what else debuts in 16 but I thought some of you might be interested.

Cheers!!!!
Oh man...$799? Is that confirmed? Last I saw on the forums it was $1400 or something. If its $799 then watch out at pro!
$799.95 is retail MAP Price is $749.00 that's the price most sell by
Zach I think the ATP has served it's purpose. It's been a Garrett anchor and is still a great machine. There appears to be many new machines on the horizon in 16. Nokta is coming out with a new gold detector and then there is the Racer gold. Fisher has a couple in the works. I think I would wait before I bought another machine.

Good times to be a detecting dude.
The official price was reveled to us dealers just days ago.  I always felt it was going to sell for 799.99 from day one.  Yes, the Atpro has been Garretts workhorse and I've owned and used at least 4.  The MXS is only $150 more than the ATpro.  Wouldn't an Atpro be worth $150 more if it had a larger display, tone options, tracking with lock, backlight, 20 notches, mixed mode audio, volume control, easy access connectors etc?  When my order comes in I will be making videos of the MXS in action. If it is crap I will say so.
Can't wait to see the videos. I hope to see a video in salt water because if I'm going to water hunt it will be in salt water.

All of the other things you mentioned only the backlight would be of interest to me on the ATP. I like the new look of the MX. It kind of looks like a Racer.
(01-30-2016 09:02 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait to see the videos. I hope to see a video in salt water because if I'm going to water hunt it will be in salt water.

All of the other things you mentioned only the backlight would be of interest to me on the ATP. I like the new look of the MX. It kind of looks like a Racer.
If your going to do a lot of wet salt water hunting you need a multi frequency machine. But that comes at a higher price especially a waterproof one...
I've taken my ATP to the beach twice. In the water and dry sand. It does a good job in the water. For the price I think it's one of the most versatile detectors on the market. The new waterproof Fisher Mosca will be a multi frequency machine. I live really close to the Gulf Coast so I would hunt mainly in salt water.

If a person isn't a dealer, it's unlikely they have an opportunity to try different machines on a whim. 150 bucks is a lot of money to some folk. Some guys I detect with wouldn't ever spend 750 on a machine.

I know if I get another machine it will either be pi or mf. One of the first things I learned and was surprised by in the md world was the substantial depreciation as soon as a detector is classified as a used machine. If some folk are wanting to try the MXS they could be patient and wait. I hope Whites continues with the new look. I don't understand why they use so many batteries.
(01-30-2016 10:30 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]I've taken my ATP to the beach twice. In the water and dry sand. It does a good job in the water. For the price I think it's one of the most versatile detectors on the market. The new waterproof Fisher Mosca will be a multi frequency machine. I live really close to the Gulf Coast so I would hunt mainly in salt water.

If a person isn't a dealer, it's unlikely they have an opportunity to try different machines on a whim. 150 bucks is a lot of money to some folk. Some guys I detect with wouldn't ever spend 750 on a machine.

I know if I get another machine it will either be pi or mf. One of the first things I learned and was surprised by in the md world was the substantial depreciation as soon as a detector is classified as a used machine. If some folk are wanting to try the MXS they could be patient and wait. I hope Whites continues with the new look. I don't understand why they use so many batteries.
I used to think a mid range machine was all anyone needed.  My main machines up to 4 years ago was a M6 and ATpro.  I did well with both. I then went hunting with a buddy of mine that used an etrac.  Within 10 minutes he told me he had a deep silver signal 8 to 10 inches deep.  I ran both of my machines over it and no matter what I did I could not hear his signal.  Then he dug out a deep Barber dime.  It wasn't too long after he hit another deep coin.  Again I couldn't hear it.  Out pops a Mercury dime!  3 weeks later I owned an etrac and my silver and copper count went through the roof.  That's my personal and true story. This debunked my theory that a mid range machine is all you need.  I always said if a person had an etrac and Atpro that you can do most anything.  I was getting ready to get my 5th or 6th Atpro this spring but now the MXS is being released. It will have things I personally wished the Atpro had. So for me this MXS will better suit my needs.
Will throw this out there.
Does Fisher Mosca sound like an American word to name a detector?
Some said it was fake, to keep people talking and pre-occupied?

I know Fisher is working on something regarding a digital PI, and  way,way above average engineer smart enough, you might get a job...join the project.

Minelabs were always known to be deep silver machines, I have witnessed it my self in the early days of the Explorers.  We couldn't even get a target response on what these guys with the EX were digging up. They had no competition. At the time, after watching and not digging up anything yourself, seeing them pull out the goodies, we more or less packed the detectors back in the car and watched. For most of us at the time, the Minelabs were too costly. Think around that time, I took up Scuba and under water detecting, spent 15 years down under, a lot more fun and better finds. Occasionally came up for air to detect on on land......

We need something innovative like Minelab was years ago to take us to the next level. Won't be cheap. As I see it, again won't be in my budget. So a mid range detector will have to do or find some other hobby.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's