Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: old brass beltbuckle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went for 30 mins. Detecting up in the mountains today, found 2 shotgun shells,3 bullet shells and a neat old brass belt buckle of a cowboy rideing a bucking bronco and his buddy sitting on the fence. Thanks for looking. Hh
Cool buckle. That's a good half hour. I don't think I've ever hunted for just a half hour.
Like Will said--

I didn't even know it was possible to hunt a half hour!! Wink

That is a pretty cool buckle!! 

I found this online.  Appears to be a 1940s-50's buckle!!
Quote from the website I saw it one--Many Western Movie Stars wore this type of buckle on the gun holster.

I would tumble that a bit and I bet it would turn out rantastic!!
That's the same one,thanks ron!
Wow, that's one of the nicest buckles over ever seen before! Was it deep? Overload signal? That is COOL!!!

Joe
Nice buckle.
I thought it was a centaur when I first saw it Wink
Well, I conserve or restore antique articles so I restore a bit of brass. Here is your fastest and easiest method to restore it.
Scrub it down with hot soapy water and a fiber bristle brush. Now completely dry it off. Put on rubber gloves and don eye protection. Take a rag and saturate it with muraitic acid. Now wipe it completely with the rag. Wait about 5 SECONDS then drop it in a plastic bucket of water. After a few minutes, check it out. 
The acid is a mild acid used to clean brickwork and can be obtained in quart plastic bottles at hardware stores that cadre to the trade.
It is better to do it several times than over do it.
Now if you don't want it looking shiney new. do this.
Saturate a rag with paint remover. Now spray it with flat black paint and immediately wipe off the paint to your liking.   Just a little help from  Frank...
Reference URL's