Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: FIRST WRITTEN PERMISSION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cool beans for sure, nice work and good luck!
Did you try the woods yet? That area might not be frozen
(01-31-2016 11:32 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Cool beans for sure, nice work and good luck!
Did you try the woods yet? That area might not be frozen

Walked the Permission for little over a hour trying to penetrate the ground frozen solid. Also need to ask about bulls if there are any we are right out in the grazing area
UPDATE!!! THE OWNER of the land came into my arena today and told me to start with his new farm.  This land is another 150acres and every year there is a huge fair that takes place there.. It is called the Bolton fair.  Boy come on spring time
sounds like fun spring is just about to start
Good luck and congrats!

Just out of curiosity, is written permission something you typically do? I've never requested a written approval statement. I guess its a good idea and protects you to an extent; however, it scares me because it's making it more of a formal thing, which I could see turning them off. I see people more willing to just say yes, but when it comes to writing yes on a paper changing their minds. Has that ever happened to you?

Thanks
(02-12-2016 05:55 PM)Smokey Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck and congrats!

Just out of curiosity, is written permission something you typically do? I've never requested a written approval statement. I guess its a good idea and protects you to an extent; however, it scares me because it's making it more of a formal thing, which I could see turning them off. I see people more willing to just say yes, but when it comes to writing yes on a paper changing their minds. Has that ever happened to you?

Thanks

By me in Wisconsin I never get written permission but I know when I go to Virginia the counties I go to you need to have it in writing if not and get stopped and checked and do not have it detectors are gone and you get a ticket, well atleast I know you get a ticket
(02-12-2016 07:11 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016 05:55 PM)Smokey Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck and congrats!

Thanks

By me in Wisconsin I never get written permission but I know when I go to Virginia the counties I go to you need to have it in writing if not and get stopped and checked and do not have it detectors are gone and you get a ticket, well atleast I know you get a ticket

I asked for something on paper because i have full access to all the property. I want to make sure if any of his employees see me i have proof that i can be there.. Even more glad i have it in writing he told me today i am the only permission he is granting.. I haven't been brave enough to ask before this gentleman.  Makes me feel great items i find will be displayed in both the store and wine tasting room
Yeah, I definitely think it's a great thing to have. Gives you power in a hobby that 90% percent of the time is operated without.... What I mean by that is, that I truly believe most detectorists do what's right but most non detectorists don't have a clue and immediately assume we are breaking the law. We typically have to convince people that what we are doing is, in fact, legal.

I wish you the best, and look forward to seeing some pics.
Dude, that's awesome! And written, too! That bull reminds me...

Do you find many ox knobs? I was joking with another detectorist a while back, who finds lots of them, and I said I wouldn't know an ox knob from a door knob, as I never dug one. But they're pretty cool, and I'd like to get at least one for my bucket list.

Here's a neat story...

I was doing heavy research about 10 years ago, which, sadly, I don't do much of anymore. I came across some info about an old farm in southern NJ. After getting some more of the backstory, I decided to contact the owner, a fellow Italian guy. Lo & behold...

He gets back to me, and we speak on the phone. He was in his 80's, and was the NICEST guy imaginable. He tells me the property has been in his family for ages, yadda, yadda, yadda. We hit it off real good, and I set up a hunt.

I drive all the way down there (about 3.5 hours) and arrive around 9am. I brought this guy fresh pastries and a nice bottle of wine, to show my appreciation, and we meet at his house, where we then drive a few miles to the farm.

He starts giving me the grand foot tour of the place, and God bless this fella, he could TALK!!! I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna get to detect, lol. He even points to a section in the back of the property (it was about 20+ acres) and tells me his great grandfather found a buried cache of gold coins there, which they used to purchase the parcel next door! Anywho...

I finally get to swinging, and long story short, aside from some cool relics & a couple of coins, I didn't find anything that great. I was just too green, and was just starting to get serious about the hobby. So I really didn't know much more than some advanced basics.

I still think about that farm today, and how I'd love to go back. But talk about blowing a great one!!! Crying

Joe
Thanks guys for the interest in my permission,, joe i have found a few ox nobs in my hunts you cant help but to dig them slamming signal,, as for the land and you finding a ox nob get your ass up here and find one..told keith the owner i am bringing my buddy from Jersey here to hunt. Now all i need is defrosted ground and my buddy
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's