Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My oldest coin yet!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great video and very cool coin, congratulations! WTG -
Thanks for the information about the coin, interesting for sure
Awesome find Chris! I bet that was really exciting to find and learn about. Good luck finding a French coin! I'm sure you willYesYes
Thank you guys. Too kind! Here's hoping for some monnaie de francais but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'd be happy enough with Spanish, US, British or Irish. That's about the extent of the silver around here. Canadian too obviously, but nothing older than 1840ish.
The history within the find. It's most intriguing .
No SH%&!!! Man, great find Relic!!!!! Yes Beer Fabulous id on it being a cast counterfeit! And that's a pence or penny, ain't it? To think that they were casting pennies tells you how much a red cent must've been worth!!!

Ed
Thank you Ed! It's a half penny. Pretty crazy when you think about the need to fake a half penny back in the 1720's/30's.
Very Cool!! Congrats on a very unique find!!
Wow 1700s coin! That is freaky AWESOME! Hope you find more out of that area!
Thank you guys! It's kind of interesting...the 8 reales from this field were about 8 inches down and there is a burn layer beginning at about 7-8" in that spot. I moved up the field and just dug a random hole to see if there was a burn layer and I hit it at 12". When the field was worked back in the late 1700's- 1800's, there must have been a build up of soil in the middle of the field. I wonder what could be down there! Unless I use a PI Machine, I'll never know, and even then, the whole field is a blanket of nails Sad
Reference URL's