Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 6" of snow and digging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys hows stuff??❄❄❄❄ at least 6inches of snow yesterday and nice sunny day today. So i hit the woods try a new spot with not much luck. Managed to find these two horseshoes and a oxen shoe..  Best part was the very fresh deer tracks all over the place and seen a spot where three had laid down left perfect melted spots. Hope to find more antlers in the spring..thank for lookin and HH[attachment=7577][attachment=7578]
Good finds Scott! I don't know how you do it. I just get too tired trying to trudge through the snow. Leaves are bad enough. Stay warm!!

Ed
(02-06-2016 06:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Good finds Scott! I don't know how you do it. I just get too tired trying to trudge through the snow. Leaves are bad enough. Stay warm!!

Ed

Ed my legs hurting is why i only lasted little over a hour
I admire you for even trying to hunt in snow conditions. That type of dedication will pay off sooner or later. Keep on plugging.
That is dedication ( or addiction) to go digging with 6" of snow!! Happy
I don't go out into the snow unless I have to these days.
Used to love going ice fishing, when I was younger.
I even went bottle digging most of the winter months, even during a blizzard.
Warm in the hole, and when you see bottles sticking out........

Good to see some one is still motivated to get out and hunt in the snow....
Thanks for the story and the details, you are making folks wants to get out there and just do it! Congratulations
Cool shoes, never heard of a oxen wearing shoes. Thanks for sharing and happy hunting Scott. I would say stay warm but you're not going to listen. Happy
Ah the infamous oxen shoes...great indicator or an old site. Way to persevere and dig in this crap!
Nice! It's 14 degrees here currently, and the winds are whipping at about 30 mph. Wind chill is a balmy 3 degrees!!! Tongue

Honestly, can't complain, as aside from one giant storm, it's been a pretty tame winter. Our ground is now froze, but only another 3 or 4 weeks till prime time Dancing

This is how they used to shoe them way back when...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's