Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My name is Robert, I'm from NWGA. I hunt with an ace 250 which is a pretty killer machine i should say i have the nel tornado coil on it and it works wonders. i was also wondering what everybody uses with there 250 coil wise. i hope to hear from other members, i have been detecting for six months and yet to find any silver coins oldest coin yet has been an 1882 indian head penny in poor condition. ill like to be able to learn some pointers and tricks to finding places to hunt and how to gain permission. thanks and have a nice day.
Always good to welcome a new member. You'll see pretty quick that you've made a good choice here. Lots of expertise and friendly advice readily available. Good luck on getting that silver out of the ground.
Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the IH. I'm sure someone that knows the ace will chime in. Look forward to hearing your stories. Good luck, happy hunting!
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio! I guess we could hang GCS for your handle in quick replies. The silver will come over time. I don't know where you hunt, as in curb strips, city parks, woods, etc... I hunt the woods around playground or sports field areas about 90% of the time and only do grass about 10% when I'm too tired to hump through the woods. Although I'll admit that doing grass in parks is an ordeal as the trash is a real PIA and you end up digging a lot more of the time with lower results. Permissions are the real hit. I don't do them currently although I've dreamt about a few I've seen that I think are pretty virgin and may have a great deal of potential. I am kinda saving them for "emergency" use in case my counts start slacking off. I have a permission request speech memorized but having not been a great salesman am shy to use it. I'm a pretty good keyboard warrior though!! Chuckle

Anyway I wanted to say that finding a 1882 IH and only being into the hobby for six months I think you'll do great MD'ing. I didn't find my first IH until about 4 years in. You down there probably have the same perspective that we do up here and that is when you find an IH or Wheat, you know there has to be older silver coins lurking about. The trick I found most useful in this respect is to slow down and cover the area well. That alone has led me to some fabulous finds.

Welcome aboard Robert!! Yes

Ed/ODF
Hey welcome Robert,  Sorry not any help with the 250 as i started with the BH discovery 3300 and now using the T2 SE. Didn't take you long to land a ih congrats on that and most come out pretty ??   . Can't wait to see how your detecting journey goes..happy hunting and nice to meet ya
Welcome, GA. Great avatar!

Joe
Welcome to the forum! I started out with an Ace 250 and used the small stock coil. I've always found, in my soil anyways, that if there is a copper coin and a silver coin side by side in the ground, the Ace would pick up the copper the strongest. I usually could figure out that it was a coin but how tight it would pinpoint. As to what coin, copper or silver, I didn't know until I dug it. I always ran it with iron discriminated out and at 3/4 sensitivity. Running it too hot usually resulted in iron clipping or falsing. I still have my Ace and use it as a backup or for when I take a friend with me to the fields. It's a great machine!
(02-08-2016 10:05 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum!  I started out with an Ace 250 and used the small stock coil. I've always found, in my soil anyways, that if there is a copper coin and a silver coin side by side in the ground, the Ace would pick up the copper the strongest. I usually could figure out that it was a coin but how tight it would pinpoint. As to what coin, copper or silver,  I didn't know until I dug it. I always ran it with iron discriminated out and at 3/4 sensitivity. Running it too hot usually resulted in iron clipping or falsing.  I still have my Ace and use it as a backup or for when I take a friend with me to the fields. It's a great machine!

Ya thats about how i run it but also with a DD coil i can try to keep from hittin two targets side by side and plus i hunt fields mostly so i wanted to try to cover alot of ground and try to get a inch or two more depth. after going with a friend who has the ATPro imma save up and try to buy a good used one. cuz the dirt where i live doesnt like giving them old coins the metal ora to be picked up by shallower detectors the best i have done is found a clad quarter at approx 8 inches. but it loves lead i found a three ringer at approx 11-12 inches so imm pretty happy with it so far lol ill never hav the heart to part with it
Welcome to the forum, sorry I am not a Garett user
(02-08-2016 10:26 PM)GeorgiaCoinShooter Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2016 10:05 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum!  I started out with an Ace 250 and used the small stock coil. I've always found, in my soil anyways, that if there is a copper coin and a silver coin side by side in the ground, the Ace would pick up the copper the strongest. I usually could figure out that it was a coin but how tight it would pinpoint. As to what coin, copper or silver,  I didn't know until I dug it. I always ran it with iron discriminated out and at 3/4 sensitivity. Running it too hot usually resulted in iron clipping or falsing.  I still have my Ace and use it as a backup or for when I take a friend with me to the fields. It's a great machine!

Ya thats about how i run it but also with a DD coil i can try to keep from hittin two targets side by side and plus i hunt fields mostly so i wanted to try to cover alot of ground and try to get a inch or two more depth. after going with a friend who has the ATPro imma save up and try to buy a good used one. cuz the dirt where i live doesnt like giving them old coins the metal ora to be picked up by shallower detectors the best i have done is found a clad quarter at approx 8 inches. but it loves lead i found a three ringer at approx 11-12 inches so imm pretty happy with it so far lol ill never hav the heart to part with it

Can't say I blame you for upgrading to the AT Pro and keeping the 250 as well. They compliment each other well. The pro is better I iron and does get more depth, not to mention it's waterproof. Good choice!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's