Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial, civil war and IH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I was able to get out last Saturday for 6 hours and it was for sure the best hunt I've been on so far. I reached out to someone who has his own detecting site who lives in the area and he came over to my properties and helped me out and showed how to use the at pro better. And to my surprise in the first two hours at the cellar hole he was able to pull out tons of stuff I've went over. In the 6 hours at the cellar hole and the field next to the school house he found the civil war staff officer button from Philadelphia, the 1904 IH penny, the 1800s copper wedding band, the colonial dandy button, other buttons and so much more not pictured. I was able to find a 1930 wheat penny, some nails, aluminum foil, cans and unknowns YesYes
Your new friend has some great finds!! That's what experience with a detector does. Makes you better at discerning what signals are what. Listen to what he has to say and you'll be AOK pretty quick!

Ed/ODF
Cool stuff!

Love the staff button and the Ford Model T key!

Looks like a Big Penny too? Or a large copper?

Yes
Very cool of this guy to help a fellow detectorist out Zach, and from what i see some great findsYes. If your snowed in like some of my advice is air testing your machine to hear it talk to you,,once you know what sound is for what soon enough your one with your machine.. Look forward to hearing more
You got the right idea! Spend some time with someone who has some experience and learn everything you can from them. Knowledge is key in everything you do. I think you are going to have a great year!!
It's great to have a buddy and even better one that helps you out, congratulations
Zach, that is awesome! When you're on a good area, especially if you live near, own. Dig it all! As your doing this, always take a guess at what the item is and how deep it is before you pop it out.

You will learn as you go. But, even the best hunters and machines aren't 100% at predicting. Only, way to know for certain is to dig.

Plus some lesser machine may not see those deep or well masked targets.

Good luck, Happy hunting.
(02-09-2016 02:01 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Zach, that is awesome! When you're on a good area, especially if you live near, own. Dig it all! As your doing this, always take a guess at what the item is and how deep it is before you pop it out.

You will learn as you go. But, even the best hunters and machines aren't 100% at predicting. Only, way to know for certain is to dig.

Plus some lesser machine may not see those deep or well masked targets.

Good luck, Happy hunting.

Very solid advice, Up Yes

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! Glad you're getting a handle on the AT, Zach, and what a way to do it!!! Killer finds...love that key Happy

Work should be calming down in the next few days, and the season will be getting underway by maybe the 1st or 2nd week of March. We can either meet somewhere in the middle, or you're welcome to come up this way, so we can get some detecting in Party

PM me, as I have a cool idea, if you're up for it...

Joe
Reference URL's