Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Crazy cold beach hunt!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it was a cold 28 degrees and the winds were blowing hard this past Friday Feb 12th.
I took the wife to a hair saloon near a NY beach. I had just over an hour to detect but the beach was sanded in and low tide started in two hours.
I decided to just use the new Excal II and have fun. I found .80 in clad and one of the coins was a fresh drop - a 1941 Wheat penny - it has to be a fresh drop because there isn't any corrosion on it at all.
I was crazy cold but still it was better than sitting in a hair saloon!
An hour is better than none Big T especially with the hair salon option. Too bad the beach was sanded in but at least you found some clad. Cool beans on the Wheat!

Ed
Thanks Ed, yeah I agree - and I enjoyed being out - I am chomping on the bit for warmer weather and free time too!
That's the way to do it Tony. Take every opportunity you get. Who knows when one of those targets you dig will turn out to be gold or silver?
Hell yeah Tony,,beach or hang around salon. Beach all day nice finds thanks for sharing with usĀ Yes
Good for getting out, it was FREEZING this weekend. Come on Spring!!!

Joe
I don't know how you do it! Its just to cold for me. But at least you get out and detect! Nice wheaty Yes
Congrats on getting out to hunt, and the wheat penny. But with temperatures that cold I might have stayed at the hair saloon and looked thru the girly magazines.
Guys, as I got older I started to dress in layers and wear a good pair of boots.
Then again I didn't think I would last more then thirty minutes - but there wasn't any wind to talk about - that would probably have stopped me.

I don't detect on very windy or rainy days.
CRAZY! Congrats!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's