Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: made the news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanted to share my success at work. I am the manager of a ice arena (yup i drive a zamboni )we had a fund raiser for Denna Laing who smashed her head against the boards at the winter classic last year.. So i set a goal of $500 to raise with a $4$ company match. To sum it up raised $620 in four days and made the paper. Thanks for looking NEWS STORY BELOW[attachment=7640][attachment=7641]
Excellent article and hat's off to you for your effort! Sports injuries for players often go unnoticed and I'm glad there are people like you around to help in such a way. Yes I do the Soccer Complex thing and we have injuries but more so sprains and fractured bones. Spinal cord and head injuries are the worst kind but thankfully we've had none so far.

Ed
(02-15-2016 10:31 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent article and hat's off to you for your effort! Sports injuries for players often go unnoticed and I'm glad there are people like you around to help in such a way. Yes I do the Soccer Complex thing and we have injuries but more so sprains and fractured bones. Spinal cord and head injuries are the worst kind but thankfully we've had none so far.

Ed

ED IN a way your very lucky with just sprains and occasionally a broken bone. Last week alone see a lady just about die on the ice just from hitting her head luckily she is fine.  See head trama way to often it sucks..i am very very proud of the accomplishment. Thanks Ed
Nice story and nice effort on your part Scott. If I could I'd reach out and shake your hand. Don't know the forum rules on this but if you want to give an address or send an e-mail, I'm sure a number of us would like to help out with the young lady's medical expenses. My wife suffered spinal damage during her surgeries last summer and is having to learn to walk all over again, so I can sympathize with Denna's plight.
Nice job!! Bravo you you and the others!YesYesYesYes
Scott that is very nice of you and others to help her. Hope she gets all the help she needs. It nice to know the world still has wonderful caring people. God bless and Thank you for sharing.
(02-15-2016 11:35 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Nice story and nice effort on your part Scott. If I could I'd reach out and shake your hand. Don't know the forum rules on this but if you want to give an address or send an e-mail, I'm sure a number of us would like to help out with the young lady's medical expenses. My wife suffered spinal damage during her surgeries last summer and is having to learn to walk all over again, so I can sympathize with Denna's plight.

Shade i appreciate the very kind offer and would extend my hand right back out man..very glad your wife is better as i just about broke my neck 10 years ago,,sliding accident no less.. If you google Denna Laing she has a foundation..thanks for being a caring human being YesYes
Cool article and terrific job! Congratulations
Reference URL's