Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #11 & 12 with a 1888 V nickel!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unbelievable weather!!!! 62F, windy, blue sky, SUNNY and ground like soft butter!! I hope it never ends!!

Found the V after humping around the woods for about 2 hours. It's pretty toasty but I can at least see a date. The other side is complete toast!! Found the buckle about 30 feet away.

Moved to another spot and did some grass with no results and then moved into a big wooded island area I've done about a million times with no results. This time turned up the gain to 8, IM up to 14, and sensitivity to 20 manual, 8x6 SEF Coil. I also slowed down to a crawl and worked between the trash. Dug 2 pull tabs near before I finally got the 43S Merc even though I had a tight high tone, then about a half hour later got the 40D Merc after first digging a folded piece of foil about the size of quarter. So I was surprised to say the least because I've hit that area many times with both machines.

Dug the usual trash and some clad, the majority being memorial pennies. Man, was it great to get out!!

I also found another bird leg band. A teeny one. I forgot all about it and will post it separately after tomorrow's hunt!!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF
Holy crap Ed silver sucker your are huhWink here we are in February and your silver count is climbing quick. Very nice finds and happy to see you still digging. HH Ed
HOLY MOLY ODF. I bow to you sir. Those are great , great finds.
ODF\Ed, you score! Two times! Congratulations!
You are definitely on a good roll Ed. Keep it up. Sorry the V wasn't in better shape, but it's still a winner.
I knew you found a bong last year, but ya don't have to put it out there that you"did some grass"!!!!! Nice finds ODF...keep them coming!!!
Congrats on the nice finds Ed! You're off to a nice start this year. GL HH!
Thanks guys! Went out today with only a 36 and 40 wheat! When I get some more silver I'll post them along with the bird leg band!!

Ed
Nice finds ODF, you are catching up to me fast, with all the gold shows I haven't been able to go detect, but today I get my CTX 3030 and hope to pull tons of silver and gold, if I can learn it fast enough. This weeken I am doing the Vegas show and Dr Tones will be at our minelab booth (this time I'm working the minelab booth) then in march I am supposed to work the Garrett booth in Arizona with the guys from diggers. Congrats on your finds and keep it comeing!
That's super sweet Ed! Keep up the good work and grats on #12
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's