Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Transmitter Cup from old phone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=764][attachment=763][attachment=762][attachment=761]
Some have guessed that this brass piece is a transmitter cup from an old stick or wall phone. The large flange is threaded and would tend to make you think that a mouthpiece cover may have screwed onto it, so perhaps that is correct.

Still a mystery to me!
I don't know
I have NO idea what it is, but, really funny that you used the word "flange". Never even heard of the word before, until 2 days ago, when an acquaintance told me he blogs about flanges in his line of work. Small world. These flanges seem to be taking over the world Tongue

Joe
LOve ITDull
Stumped here. Got no idea at all.
I just spent the past 20 min. searching the net.  Found only similar parts.  I'm not an expert on this subject at all, but from what I've seen (if it is actually a transmitter cup...from a magneto phone) then it's most likely from a later model.....???
I haven't even searched the military models yet!
If I find something then I'll let you know!!!!

...ran out of time, sorry!Sad
Another possibilty: headphones/headset speaker cup (?).
(03-31-2014 02:27 PM)drgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]I just spent the past 20 min. searching the net.  Found only similar parts.  I'm not an expert on this subject at all, but from what I've seen (if it is actually a transmitter cup...from a magneto phone) then it's most likely from a later model.....???

20 minutes??? George (or do you prefer, Dr.?), we love you for your enthusiasm, and you're one of our best new members, but...

Don't you have a tooth to fix? Now I know why I can never get a quick appointment with my Dentist...

He must be a detectorist!!! Tongue
not to sure but looks like old phone part to me
(03-31-2014 04:54 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2014 02:27 PM)drgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]I just spent the past 20 min. searching the net.  Found only similar parts.  I'm not an expert on this subject at all, but from what I've seen (if it is actually a transmitter cup...from a magneto phone) then it's most likely from a later model.....???

20 minutes??? George (or do you prefer, Dr.?), we love you for your enthusiasm, and you're one of our best new members, but...

Don't you have a tooth to fix? Now I know why I can never get a quick appointment with my Dentist...

He must be a detectorist!!! Tongue

...no patients at night!!!Yawn
It really bugs me if I can't ID something......I just keep looking and looking and looking--you know how it is!!!Yes
Reference URL's