Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Buttons, bullets and coins from old farm land!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! I got out last Sunday with my buddy james who came to my property two weeks ago(he also gave me all of his finds I posted which consist of the gilted eagle button, indian head and colonial dandy button. Which was super generous of him.) We started 7am and I got home at 5pm. It was beautiful the whole day and so hot at times I was sweating! We ended up detecting 3 different farm fields he has permission too.

I found the wheat Penny's, the buttons, the pocket knife and the small 3 ringer and a unidentified coin/token and more.

He found a fatty Indian head, two Indian heads, a eagle button, a huge 3 ringer and a musketball and more.

Hope you enjoy as much as I did. I had tons of first's!
Congratulations on this awesome hunts, and more so finding a friend. Sounds like you & James will have some nice times together. Both of you popped out some nice stuff. GL HH!
Bullets to musketballs, flat buttons and a watch winder....man what a hunt! !
You guys killed it in the relics category!! I'd be willing to bet that the token you found is really a nickel! They get toasted pretty quick in the ground. The two of you have a great site and I can see you're definitely learning the machine! Sometimes all day is the only way as you end up forcing yourself to dig it all. Good luck on the next time out!

Ed
Killer buttons from you and your buddy. Zach what kind of soil are these buttons coming from? And do you find them with shank intact often? See the shanks are busted off ,,i find flat buttons often most still have shanks ,, wonder if its the soil difference.  Anyways thanks for posting sone great finds
Thanks all! Good call Ed. It did ring up 67. I'm going to weigh it and measure it and see if I can get a I.d.

Scott, I'm not sure what soil to be honest. But it's farm land and has been since colonial times. Houses near the farm date back to as early as the late 1600s. They are always plowed so maybe that's it but idk. Some buttons are like coins because the back is so smooth you can only see where the shank used to be..some are crushed down, some are bent and some are ok. But usually they are missing or bent in the farm fields
Reference URL's