Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The slow and old Etrac still has tricks up it's sleeve!! Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried that on my SE today at the park. First I had to find a piece of clean ground. I used two screws cause I couldn't find any nails. Anyway, Conductive on the SE is just reversal of the sound. The results were approximately the same with either Ferrous or Conductive. When I turned the sensitivity way down along with the IM (which is how much nulling I want in iron) I got better results for swing over target. But to run sense that low (8) is suicide when against the deep stuff here. For giggles I ran COnductive all afternoon and sense at 12 and did manage to find 3 wheats. One was at around 7" and the remainder above that. I was able to find a lot of shallow clad though.

That's a great video Kenny and I know the Etrac is a different animal but I think what you are showing is what Minelab calls the Etracs "see thru" ability. Although the SE is a silver magnet it can't compare with the discrimination qualities of it's big brother!

Ed/ODF
(02-28-2016 07:04 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that on my SE today at the park. First I had to find a piece of clean ground. I used two screws cause I couldn't find any nails. Anyway, Conductive on the SE is just reversal of the sound. The results were approximately the same with either Ferrous or Conductive. When I turned the sensitivity way down along with the IM (which is how much nulling I want in iron) I got better results for swing over target. But to run sense that low (8) is suicide when against the deep stuff here. For giggles I ran COnductive all afternoon and sense at 12 and did manage to find 3 wheats. One was at around 7"  and the remainder above that. I was able to find a lot of shallow clad though.

That's a great video Kenny and I know the Etrac is a different animal but I think what you are showing is what Minelab calls the Etracs "see thru" ability. Although the SE is a silver magnet it can't compare with the discrimination qualities of it's big brother!

Ed/ODF
I don't know anything about the SE.  Sorry it didn't work out.
Reference URL's