Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Major issue with etrac! Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was going about my business hunting an awesome cellar hole that I've hit in the past. Got a few keepers then all of a sudden, my etrac started giving me foil-button numbers constantly. I lifted the coil and shook it with the same numbers showing up. Took the coil and shaft right off and did a master reset. Then I noticed that if I touch the pins on the main unit where the coil wire plugs in, it will go off with those same numbers...with no coil attached! Please someone tell me my baby isn't fried! I could really use some help here guys. I'm checking to see if there is warranty left on it.
Sounds like it might need a new connector plug on the main unit. Another type of problem is occurring with my SE Pro. The power switch is stuck in the on position! I have to take the battery pack in and out to turn it on and off. Unbelievably it still holds the settings!!! Good luck Relic. I can buy a new control panel from an outfit in the UK and do the work myself as she's way out of warranty. Looks like you'll have to send your unit into Minelab in Nevada (?).

Ed/ODF
I think it's in Illinois but not certain. I have to double check. It could be the connector plug. Others have mentioned the motherboard. I don't know...I'm microelectronics illiterate. Should have it back in a little over a month
If it's off warranty and the motherboard is bad you might as well just buy a good used one ,,,it will be cheaper. Last motherboard replacement I heard would have cost $900 but was on a two year old machine. Kellyco is the Minelab repair center now and I see on Findmall that one of the repair techs just stroked out and died. I know Minelab closed their office in Europe but don't know about the center in Ill. They have also dropped the price on the GPZ by $2000,,,,Codan may be in the midst of some belt tightening.
Yes you're right one of their technicians did just pass away. Thank god the warranty is still good till July! That's a pricey fix!
Here is the infor. for you

The Americas (North & South)

Minelab Americas Inc

Sales, Support & Service

1938 University Lane, Ste. A
Lisle, IL 60532, USA

Customer Care:
1-877-SOS-MLAB (1-877-767-6522)
Toll Free: 1-888-949-6522
T: 1-630-401-8150
F: 1-630-401-8180
E: service@minelabamericas.com for Service
E: info@minelabamericas.com for Consumer products
E: countermine@minelab.com.au for Countermine products

The office supports regions: USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America.
Thank you for the info!
Update:
I found one pin had some corrosion but it didn't seem like enough to cause a problem. Cleaned it up and tried my small coil on it again. Worked perfectly. Tried the stock coil on it and it started falsing again. Turns out there was 2 problems. The small coil false when I was troubleshooting the problem, but that was due to the corrosion. My stock coil seems to have a short in it somewhere.
Reference URL's