Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cassandras first large cent + more!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, got out to my new permission again for about a hour with cassandra. I located the thimble, 1883 Indian head and large flat button with the detector and cassandra used the pinpointed to find it. She was super excited. She then wanted to do it all on her own and I gave her the detector and withen 30 seconds she's like "I have a signal!" So I'm thinking to myself, great, probably a hot rock or iron. I look at the vdi and I see 92-93 so I double checked myself and then let her dig it. (I knew prior it was probably a large cent) but I didn't tell her to surprise her. She dug, and pin pointer herself.

It looks to be a classic head large cent (1808-1814). The head looks like it and the 3rd number looks to be a 0 to me. So either 1808 or 1809. Id say 1808 but its hard to tell. But yeah,Was a awesome time and she loved it!

Enjoy and hh

Zach+Cassandra
You are definitely hitting on all cylinders Zach! Way to go; and special congrats to Cassandra. I'd like to see how the thimble cleans up, having just found one myself. Looks to be ornate.  I think you are on a sweet site now, and can't wait to see what else comes to light.
Man oh' Manischewitz!! That's a great hunt!!!! Congrats Cassandra!! What a FIND!! Zach, clean that thimble up. There should be lettering around the base in the blank spot. That'll help you ID it's age! GREAT FINDS the 2 of you!! Keep it up!

Ed/ODF
That was great you go out and Cassandra got to find a large cent all by her self.
Like the thimble too look fancy congrats to both of you
Congratulations to the both of you! Terrific finds.
Thanks everyone! it might turn out that it's a matron head or braided hair large cent. but i'm not sure. can anyone make out her face? i don't think i'll be able to clean it to get a date off it as it seems like its just the coin itself thats damaged and not crust or dirt covering it. so yea. thanks in advance!
Outrageous finds by the both of you.. Sucks how those old coppas cone out so toasted.  Keep up the great hunts Cool
Congrats for all the great finds!
Thanks Ron! I can't get enough, its awesome.
Thanks scott, it really is a shame. But I'm still grateful.

Gl and hh!
Nice find Cassandra and Zach! Congratulations and keep them coming.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's