Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Yike's I used my Power..................
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as moderator.

My first time having to ban a new member.
It was determined the member was a spambot who recently joined countless forums within the past few days. Same MO. Some forums already deleted this bot.

I had to do a similar thing to our club forum. Our member handling it was drivenĀ  crazy with the spambots registering, had over 1000 one weekend, and he got the notifications in his email box. I took over and eliminated his swelling inbox.
The forum had over 1500 spambots registered, when I took over. After working in the forums back end, we finally had to close it down. I took over and built a brand new forum. Almost 3 months, no spambots have tried to register.

While Joe is away, will keep a watch out for these spambots.
Where is Joe? OK , I hope...........
Great work Sven!!

Ed
Good work Sven. Happy that you are on the job keeping the forum clean and running smoothly. I'm sure that you deal with a lot that the rest of us are unaware of.
Thank you!
Keep up the great work sven,we appreciate all that you do
Great job keeping us running and happy, thanks
(03-02-2016 07:00 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]as moderator.

My first time having to ban a new member.
It was determined the member was a spambot who recently joined countless forums within the past few days. Same MO. Some forums already deleted this bot.

I had to do a similar thing to our club forum. Our member handling it was drivenĀ  crazy with the spambots registering, had over 1000 one weekend, and he got the notifications in his email box. I took over and eliminated his swelling inbox.
The forum had over 1500 spambots registered, when I took over. After working in the forums back end, we finally had to close it down. I took over and built a brand new forum. Almost 3 months, no spambots have tried to register.

While Joe is away, will keep a watch out for these spambots.

Thanks for not banning ME!!! Chuckle Good job, Sven.

Joe
Good thing I don't have a trigger fingerBlushing
You know what they say, once you have the power and use, it you want more..............eventually some one will kill you off....Bandit
Reference URL's