Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: IH and wheats from last few days!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been awhile since I found an IH and this one was mixed in with 2 1926 wheats in about a 6" x 6" area way out in the woods. I didn't even know it was an IH until I got it home and cleaned it up. The other wheats on the right are from one park the prior 2 days I was out. No silver but plenty of clad and memorials. I even found a 59 Memorial next to a 56 D Wheat.

But the IH is intriguing me because it was the last coin I dug when I rechecked the small area and it was ringing up a 7-26, 8-24 with a very high tone. Because I checked the other 2 and found that they were wheats I assumed it was one as well and just pocketed it and started looking for silver. Well throughout the hunt out there in the deep woods I was getting 7-25,26 about a dozen different times but the tone wasn't quite there so I passed them up as bottle caps because the whole area is trashy. Now I'm thinking that I better go back there and start digging them because I never, ever, expected to see an IH out of these woods. I've been wrong before but I think this is a good hunch I'm going to pursue! We'll see!!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF
Too bad you couldn't pull a silver out of your woods area, but the IH and wheats are reason enough to go back for another try. I suspect you will have some luck there.
Ton of Wheaties! And a surprise Indian! Nice going YesYes hope to see some more silver from you soon!
Good luck and hh
Very nice hunt Ed,, didnt you say a while ago IH are not easy to find well you got one congrats now all you need is a few more keep em coming buddy
ODF, terrific finds! Congratulations on the Indian Head cent, I am still waiting to pull one out of the ground. I haven't found one in a real long time.
Yes, I would go back there and try again, coils are small and there might be a small signal that you missed
Congrats on the IH. Sorry it is a little toasty. Maybe your next one will have a nice patina on it. Wink
And, you are on a copper roll! Congrats on the oldies.
Reference URL's