Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I gave it a go today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I went out late afternoon for two hours then It got really cold and I did too.
I was lucky to pull up two wheat cents (1951 and 1956), a shield dog tag came up as well - poor Misty Blue lost here tag, and it looks old like from the 1950's. It is made of copper and pretty worn from being in the rocky soil.
I also found a copper disc - there is nothing on either side. It seems thinner than a wheat cent. I spoke about finding coins that are worn flat on one side from the rocks when the soil freezes and thaws but this is a first for me - it's worn smooth on both sides, just crazy.
Congrats on the really nice dog tag and the collection of wheats is getting bigger! Those flat coppers are common here. Not so much scraped but eroded. That last one I had in the right group of wheats in the upper left corner is a typical one. You can barely make out Lincoln's profile. And it's strange because it was found 4 feet from others who were easily readable. All I can think of is that it must have been really worn when it was dropped.

Ed/ODF
Nice dog tag and Wheaties tony Yes
The dog tag is really neat Tony. Inscriptions personalize the find and add interest. Gives us something to wonder about--like what kind of dog was old Misty and how did she lose her tag.  Enjoy seeing stuff like that.
Nice finds BigTony. I really like the old dog tag too.
Thanks guys.
Yeah crazy flat coin......too funny because I thought it would only happen to silver coins because they are softer then copper - but it's a cool find anyway.
The dog tag must have been from someone who was a policeman or fireman - at least that what I surmise because it is a shield. I am going to ask around and see what I find out.
Great dog tag Tony. Glad to see you got a go at it . thanks for sharing
Misty Blue? You sure that didn't belong to a stripper??? Chuckle Nice digs, T, I see you're becoming one with the Minelab Yes

Joe
Reference URL's