Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello from Arkansas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just found this site tonight. Started detecting in 1979... it's been on and off since then. Getting the bug again and wanting a new detector. Doing alot of reading...
Welcome, ICanDigIt! What type of hunting will you mostly be doing? Here's a few suggestions...

If it's coins you'll be searching for, you can't really do better than the Minelabs.

Beach hunting? I'd go Excalibur (waterproof), Sovereign (not waterproof) or a CZ21 (waterproof). These are the kings of the sea & sand, IMO Wink

Relics? Tesoros are great for relic hunting, as they're fast, deep AND come with a lifetime warranty! The T2's & F75's are some of the best relic units out there, as well.

Gold hunting? Hopefully someone else will chime in, as that's not my forte. Remember...

Preference in detectors is ones opinion. Everyone has their own. The above are my suggestions. Lots of other variables too, such as; want a simple unit, or, ability to fine tune? Is weight a factor? How hot is your dirt? Etc., etc., etc.

There are many knowledgable folks on here. Any advice or questions, just ask Happy

Joe
Was kinda leaning towards a Fisher... need to check out the Minelabs, now that you've mentioned it. Thanks!
(09-14-2013 10:54 PM)ICanDigIt Wrote: [ -> ]Was kinda leaning towards a Fisher... need to check out the Minelabs, now that you've mentioned it. Thanks!

Fishers are DAMN good coin hunters! I run with a CZ3D. It's the ONLY machine that can match my Minelab on depth & performance. Only downsides to the Fishers, IMO...

They tend to like deep iron & call it good, and they don't have the same tone variances as Minelabs. The Minelabs have specific tones for different targets. I can tell with great success when I'm hearing a silver coin just based on a tone. This is a BIG advantage Wink

If you're seeking a Fisher, I'd highly recommend one of the older units; CZ3D, CZ70, etc., as they were calibrated better for depth. Also, they can be tuned by a guy named Tom Dankowski. Once tuned, they get even better depth & handling. He is a wizard of a detectorist! Guy is so amazingly smart on detectors it'll make your head spin. Check his site out: DankowskiDetectors.com

Joe
Reference URL's