Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's going on with Minelab ? Did they put too much stock in the Go Find line ?

Any of you dealers want to weigh in or are you not allowed to ?
No idea. I hope the company is ok though.. But I'm sure it is. The go find line was and is a great idea. But I think it was more directed to a younger crowd. Which there isn't much of. I looked into one for my sisters. They are pretty neat detectors!
Are you expecting a new model to come out? Don't forget that besides the Go finds they did put out a military unit.
Maybe they will shoot for this summer and release a new one?
(03-07-2016 11:02 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. I hope the company is ok though.. But I'm sure it is. The go find line was and is a great idea. But I think it was more directed to a younger crowd. Which there isn't much of. I looked into one for my sisters. They are pretty neat detectors!

Zach I read they spent 5 mil on that detector line. And as you say it hasn't been accepted by the younger generation. Sad really. Too much of an instant gratification society. Detecting is a great hobby because it teaches so much about history.

(03-07-2016 11:05 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Are you expecting a new model to come out? Don't forget that besides the Go finds they did put out a military unit.
Maybe they will shoot for this summer and release a new one?

Tony they have closed their European office. At the Germany show they have a booth with nothing to show. I wonder if the Go Find line is going to put them under or if their working on something special. Go look at the prices now of the GPZ 7000. It's been reduced by 2k. The 5000 detector has also been significantly reduced. Something appears out of sorts.
I see what you mean. Maybe you are right. Those are huge discounts.
Maybe they will discount the CTX next and the coils that go with it?
I have to admit, they are very expensive machines and in these times with so many people not working - you would think they would drop prices.
Tony I know the CTX is a superb machine when it comes to finding silver. My main hunting partner uses one and he finds lots of silver rings. More than anyone in our club. It's not close. The Etrac is a great machine as well.

I think you have point though regarding cost. People always ask is a product really worth what you pay ? The usual response is , "it's worth what you're willing to pay".

Minelab is considered the Rolls Royce of detectors but have they priced themselves out the working man's price range ?

I don't know how being a dealer works. I don't know if you have to pay for the machines up front or if the supplier allows you to pay for them as you sell them. If you have to pay up front I would think there might be a little consternation with the dealers. Maybe they're taking a step back and taking a deep breath to figure out the direction of the company. Now with the Nokta/Racer brand making inroads it may be time for a shift in philosophy cost wise.
Kajunman, I read their news release and they have offices in Russia and Ireland.
They made it sound like a reorg of sorts. As they said in the Saprano's - Your only as good as your last envelope! Nuff said - they want more sales.....
Also, there was another news letter about another US Gov contract on mine detecting equipment
I read they are closing their Ireland office if they haven't already. There is a limited number of people who are willing to fork over 5-10k for a detector. If I spent that much it would change what I enjoy about the hobby. I would want an instant r.o.i.
I don't know Kenny. I hope they don't go belly up. That go find line is sweet but as others have remarked, detecting is a real niche' market. Maybe they have other issues to deal with but that's pure speculation. I was hoping to someday get a CTX. This makes me a tad nervous about a decision like that. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ed/ODF
The news article said they still have the Ireland office.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's