Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New settings, same cellar hole...results!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a beautiful day so I managed to get out for a few hours of swing therapy. Started off at the abandoned Victorian house with the colonial cellar hole. Didn't get much, just a clad dime and a latern part (patent 1807)

I left there and headed over to my Catrwheel/Druid hole, which I have renamed "the button hole". I was using the 4.5x7" Excelerator coil and switched up my settings. I had always hunted in Two Tone Ferrous with an open screen, but since I saw a youtube video posted by Mowerdog, my eyes have been opened. I've been saved!! Wow did it ever open this site up! I can't stand the iron falsing though. It makes a gorgeous high tone that screams DIG ME! I've concluded that my etrac is bi-polar with these settings, but when it's dialed in, it's lethal...especially on buttons! Eyeballed some iron targets on the surface (little spoon, spoon bowl, half if a thimble and part of a knife and an oxen shoe) The buttons came fast and furious, as well as a window catch? and a bent thimble. Got a couple spun tombacs, a double gilt, ball button and a flat button with no backmark. Can't wait to get back there! Ruined a pair of shoes in the mud as the Temps climbed, but well worth it Happy

[Image: 14574655134632_zpsfwqig0pe.jpg]

[Image: 14574654990241_zps81viaanh.jpg]

[Image: 14574654850030_zpsk5c9zts5.jpg]
Looks and sounds like you had a great day. Congrats.
Nice digs Yes

BeerBeer
Nice to see you back out there again. Nice stuff as well. Best of luck on your next outting!
Thanks gents!
(03-08-2016 03:51 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]It's a beautiful day so I managed to get out for a few hours of swing therapy. Started off at the abandoned Victorian house with the colonial cellar hole.  Didn't get much, just a clad dime and a latern part (patent 1807)

I left there and headed over to my Catrwheel/Druid hole, which I have renamed "the button hole".  I was using the 4.5x7" Excelerator coil and switched up my settings. I had always hunted in Two Tone Ferrous with an open screen, but since I saw a youtube video posted by Mowerdog,  my eyes have been opened. I've been saved!!  Wow did it ever open this site up!  I can't stand the iron falsing though. It makes a gorgeous high tone that screams DIG ME!  I've concluded that my etrac is bi-polar with these settings, but when it's dialed in, it's lethal...especially on buttons!  Eyeballed some iron targets on the surface (little spoon, spoon bowl, half if a thimble and part of a knife and an oxen shoe)  The buttons came fast and furious, as well as a window catch? and a bent thimble. Got a couple spun tombacs, a double gilt, ball button and a flat button with no backmark. Can't wait to get back there!  Ruined a pair of shoes in the mud as the Temps climbed, but well worth it Happy

[Image: 14574655134632_zpsfwqig0pe.jpg]

[Image: 14574654990241_zps81viaanh.jpg]

[Image: 14574654850030_zpsk5c9zts5.jpg]

Some nice finds,well done! Gl and hh!
Nice score on some fine relics!! Congrats!
Good deal and great finds Relic!! Love those buttons and the thimbles.

Ed/ODF
Amazing how watching a video can change hunted land. Very nice finds love the buttons.  Look forward to more finds from button land
I'll probably stay away from the site until the ground dries up. It's brutal. Mud up to my ankles and big puddles of water. I'm sure there are some goodies hiding in those puddles and in some of the very deep mud. Thanks for looking guys. I'll upload the video later this week
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's