Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Smorgasbord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been hunting on & off all winter, as it was a very mild season here. But started going back to my regular, heavy detecting schedule a couple weeks ago. It's been a fantastic year so far, especially considering I normally don't even start hunting until around this time, every season. A good head start Happy

I haven't posted anything from my hunts since January, and I've been out maybe 8 or 9 times since then. Most of what you see in the photos are from the last 3 or 4 hunts, as I went through a dry spell for about 5 hunts before that, with didley to show for it.

Best finds are the 1816 Haitian Deux Centimes, Mid 1700's King George 2 Halfpenny & Mid 1800's Queen Victoria Penny. Also got what appears to be a toasted LC, too.

Made it out with Gerry F. today, you should see what HE found. Hope he posts it Yes

Sloooooooowly getting back into the swing, as I'm still bogged down, but better than January!

HH Guys Beer
Joe
Fabulous smorgasbord Joe!! Yes Beer You've got some real interesting old coins there! Love that spat of silvers too!! Yes You'll be killing it in no time! Cool

Ed/ODF
I must be a lightweight , these finds would be the pick of most of my season ( maybe not including my water hunting while I am on vacation)! 
   I cannot wait to see what you post when you get less bogged down.
Great finds Joe! Very nice for sure. I'm jealous! I can't wait for my first 1700's coin.
How do you the coins in the picture? they came out beautiful.
Wow Joe same amazing relics you have saved so far. Glad to hear you been detecting while work had you so slammed, must have made it just a little easier to cope with work.. Great finds myfriend Yes
Terrific finds Joe, congratulations on the smorgasbord!
Nice bunch of finds Joe. Glad you were able to get some digging time in during your winter work. Outings help to cope with pressures of work. I have never seen some of those items you showed, and I'd be mighty happy to find a few.
What did the queen Victoria farthing ring up as BTW? I think my unknown coin might be a Victoria farthing considering the weight and measurements match up. Mine was a 66-67
(03-08-2016 08:29 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]I must be a lightweight , these finds would be the pick of most of my season ( maybe not including my water hunting while I am on vacation)! 

Thanks, but keep in mind, you're only seeing the good stuff, not the pouch fulls of trash I had to pick through to find it. It's not so much a question of being a lightweight, heavyweight, or ANY weight for that matter. It comes down to hunting good (productive) spots with equipment that works well for you. Do this and you'll find plenty of stuff, too Happy

(03-08-2016 08:52 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Great finds Joe! Very nice for sure. I'm jealous! I can't wait for my first 1700's coin.

Lol. Those aren't before & after shots. I included photos of what the coins like in new/good condition, as if I didn't do that, nobody would know what I found, since they're so toasted Chuckle

Joe
(03-09-2016 12:31 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2016 08:29 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]I must be a lightweight , these finds would be the pick of most of my season ( maybe not including my water hunting while I am on vacation)! 

Thanks, but keep in mind, you're only seeing the good stuff, not the pouch fulls of trash I had to pick through to find it. It's not so much a question of being a lightweight, heavyweight, or ANY weight for that matter. It comes down to hunting good (productive) spots with equipment that works well for you. Do this and you'll find plenty of stuff, too Happy

(03-08-2016 08:52 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Great finds Joe! Very nice for sure. I'm jealous! I can't wait for my first 1700's coin.

Lol. Those aren't before & after shots. I included photos of what the coins like in new/good condition, as if I didn't do that, nobody would know what I found, since they're so toasted Chuckle

Joe

Oh...lol ops. well, then....give your damn coins a bath!
Kidding, I had to play that one off. Still super sweet!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's