Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wireless headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone uses wireless headphones on their Minelab SE Pro. If so what brand do you use, is their any signal lag and how do the signals sound compared to a good set of regular headphones. Thanks, Gerry

Disregard post. I just saw a similar question in "Tech Talk".
Gerry
Gerry, does the Tech Talk article stat where or not wireless headphones will hear the faint signals?
I was just looking to get a better pair of headphones but am still looking just in case the wireless ones are real good.
Not sure if these were mentioned here already, and if they were, apologies for the duplicate info, but Deteknix has come out with a kit that can be used on most detectors. I saw a review somewhere that said they have something like a 0.6 second delay, which is almost imperceptible to the human ear, ie; there's basicallt NO delay! Not sure if that's true, but if so, I'd certainly give them a shot.

Being bound by a cord means little to me, doesn't really bother me. But if I can get the same quality with wireless, why not?! As Tony said though...

I'd be very interested in seeing if it impacts the signals on the deeper targets. Also, do they require a slower swing speed, special setting options or any other requirements?

Everything always looks better on paper, but it's in the field that counts.

http://www.deteknix.com/products/wire-fr...it-cn.html

Joe
I've had a couple bad experiences with the new Deteknix wireless headphones which was really disappointing because the overall design and sounds were pretty remarkable. Somehow they got wind of it and contacted me directly and we had a very useful exchange about the short comings of their product(the headphones). I'll give them kudos for being so proactive and hopefully within a couple of weeks we will see if they have indeed solved the initial issues with the wireless cutting out problems.
As far as hearing the faint signals goes , I think that is going to be more a matter of your own individual hearing and the level of ambient noise where you are detecting. I have no doubt 32 ohm speakers are good enough to transmit the faint signals but the over the ear style is inferior in the noise cancellation department so you could certainly lose the faint signals to background sounds or on a windy day. The Deteknix are definitely better than the Rapoos in the way they cover the ear but not anything like full coverage headphones.
Dusty, thanks for the information and explanation. I guess the real test is in the field on a personal level.
Reference URL's