Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Old high school hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was finally able to get out for a couple of hours today. I went to an old abandoned high school that's been very stingy with goodies the last few hunts. I decided to put SEF 8x6 on the Etrac abd crank the sens up a bit to see of I could snipe anything from amongst the trash. First signal was the 43 nickle, about 30 minutes the later I get a jumpy vdi, but repeatable tone, 7" down and tilted on edge, out pops the 1876 Injun. 18" to the left I get another jumpy vdi, but a nice tone, I get a 1941 sixpence, the last thing I expected [Image: smiley.gif] It's concave and has 2 holes directly across from each other [Image: huh.gif] I decided to rescan the spot from a different angle and I get a hit right next to the plug that the Indian came from. About 5 inches down I get the rosy. After that I had to hit the trail. Turned out to be a nice little variety of keeper[attachment=7830][attachment=7829]
Good to hear from you! Great finds for a sniping hunt!! I do that with my SE Pro but it takes so long to cover such a small area and sometimes it's just wheats and deep bottlecaps. You hit it well this time! Thanks for sharing! Looks like that sixpence may have been part of a bracelet! Still counts as a silver!! WTG Dan!!! YesBeer

Ed/ODF
Great finds Dan. Yes  Pays to have patience and persistence with well worked spots. Keep em coming. HH
Nice job man, Always great to switch it up from time to time. Usually pays off! Sweet finds too. Keep it up and thanks for sharing YesYes
Thanks guys, I had almost given up on this spot, but, me thinks I need to use this strategy a few more times.
Congratulations on the nice finds. Sounds like you know how to pull thoses good targets out of the trash. Good job, and nice hunting.
Dan(NM) - very cool finds, congratulations! The SEF helped you score those finds, if you have a larger SEF like 10 X 12 - I would go back there with that coil
Sweeeeet! I've never found a six pence before, and yours is killer because its concaved AND holed Beer Great catches all around Yes

Joe
Reference URL's