Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Button field with a surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, got out today for a little over two hours. Was able to get two ball buttons, and 5 flat buttons one of which is still gilted very nicely. And then to my surprise a copper! After the picture I messed with it a bit and the deep dirty spot on the pic is actually a hole. So I guess someone wore it? Idk. Might not even be a copper for all I know haha. But anyway, enjoy and hh all!
That's definitely a copper, but WHAT copper is the real question. Can you make out any details at all? In that condition, I'm afraid a peroxide bath might do more damage than good, but you never know. Still, it's an old copper and I'd be happy to have it. But the real story of the day is those buttons...WOW! That is a huge haul. Fine hunt, Z Yes

Joe
Can't make out a thing. I'll try and weigh and measure it and see what I come up with. Might use a light brush on it to see if anything at all comes up. I love going to the button field because I'm usually always guaranteed at least a button. I got lucky today I think, plus my ear is getting better listening to the signals. Been getting a lot of experience lately with the at pro. I look back and see what a noob I was. Just gotta learn your detector!
(03-15-2016 07:22 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't make out a thing. I'll try and weigh and measure it and see what I come up with. Might use a light brush on it to see if anything at all comes up. I love going to the button field because I'm usually always guaranteed at least a button. I got lucky today I think, plus my ear is getting better listening to the signals. Been getting a lot of experience lately with the at pro. I look back and see what a noob I was. Just gotta learn your detector!

Yeah, a gentle brushing with a soft bristled toothbrush might unearth some detail, allowing you to spot a clue or two.

Are these buttons hitting hard & loud, or are they softer, more modulated signals? At what depth are they?

Joe
I got a soft bristled tooth brush last week so we should be in business. Hopefully I can make something out. But I don't really know what I'm looking for lol.
They are at all different depths. The gilted one was around 6-7 and it was more softer but a solid signal. The other buttons were anywhere from 2-6" I'd say. One of them, the smallest was around 6" and extremely faint. Only two or so of the signals today were hitting hard and loud. One of the buttons and the copper. The copper surprised me. It was 2" down and loud as could be. Thought it was a piece of a can or something. Wasn't even thinking coin as I've not pulled any coins out of there besides a 1892 Indian on the surface. But yeah, most of the time I really have to listen to the tones and resweep spots. At the button field at least
Great score Zach. Have you tried a flashlight across the copper thats what i do to toasted coins. It really helps to see just a bit better. BTW love the buttons
Nice score of buttons there Yes

BeerBeer
(03-15-2016 08:57 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Great score Zach. Have you tried a flashlight across the copper thats what i do to toasted coins. It really helps to see just a bit better. BTW love the buttons

Yes, that's a great idea Yes

Joe
Nice digs for sure!!

personally on toasted coppers, I get pretty aggressive with them. What do you really have to hurt? Cleanoff the crud and hit it with some steel wool. If there is any raised parts left it will highlight them and you might be able to make out a bust or a seated lady!! But that is just me!!

Nice finds!!
Thanks everyone! Ron, I'm gonna try it out! I'll let y'all know how it works
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's