Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Detected an old Railroad Siding'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out detecting with Mike today to one of his spots, an old railroad siding- Mike detected about 3 hours and I stayed for a few more-weather was great- a little overcast today-and not too hot..I started out by finding 2- date nails-Datenails were tagging devices utilized by railroads to visually identify the age of a railroad tie. I found a 1923 and 1924 -the oldest ones i've ever found. I found a few buttons today--with the bulldog one being the coolest. Found a 50 caliber bullet and several pieces of pocket watches. The last thing I found was a pin in the shape of a harp---musta been worn by a chick-because I wouldn't be caught dead wearin it! Mike and I spent about 8 hrs total out there, and Mike found the only coin a 1959 penny. Dug alot of trash to find these items.. Tony
[attachment=7852]
[attachment=7853]
[attachment=7854]
Nice finds Tony, glad you & mike got to go hunting. Looks like it was a nice hunting trip. I think the harp is for a chick. If a guy worn that around here, he would get a ration of sheeit and would have to defend himself. Lol. GL HH! Thanks for sharing.
Very nice hunt Tony. I do believe that pin might be a military band uniform pin. Great findsCool
(03-16-2016 07:42 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]I think the harp is for a chick. If a guy worn that around here, he would get a ration of sheeit and would have to defend himself. Lol. GL HH! Thanks for sharing.

Haha!!!

Tony, you're gonna fit in just fine around here...TERRIFIC finds Yes Awesome datenails, and that suspender buckle is great! Is that a Cott's soda button in the back?

Btw, welcome to our community Beer

Joe
Great fistful of keepers! They are all in great shape too!
That's the Way To Do It!!! Great finds!! Yes "Boss of the Road" was a mascot for somebody but I can't remember who or what. And I'd be willing to bet that the harp pin was from a Letter jacket from somebody that played in the HS band. AKA Orchestra pin.

Ed/ODF

And nice to see you back at it!! YesBeer
(03-16-2016 07:15 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]That's the Way To Do It!!! Great finds!! Yes "Boss of the Road" was a mascot for somebody but I can't remember who or what.

Ed/ODF

Think it is Mack Trucks.
Great stuff man! Very cool. I'd love to find stuff like that. Keep it up and thanks for sharingYesYes
Cool digs, congratulations!
Reference URL's