Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another Seated! Holy $hit!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to the same spot as yesterday - the site of a once-in-a-lifetime type of hunt...or so I thought [Image: happy.png] 

Hunted with my buddies Dave & Tony. After yesterday, I was just happy getting a merc, a barber, really anything cool to cap off the weekend from heaven. 

Tried the picnic grove again, but, with 4 of us hitting it hard yesterday, not many signals left, so, Tony and I decided to work the sledding hill. He had the hot hand in the morning, finding a merc & a barber dime that was so close to trash on all sides, I don't know how he heard it. Good job, T, you even called it [Image: yes.png]

It was literally during the final 1 hour of the hunt (of 3 hours total) when I finally cracked some goodies. First, scored the silver charm in the pics.

Second, after digging up and discarding of a crushed can, I got a signal I believe was masked by it...wound up digging an 1882 Indian.

Finally, not 2 feet from where I got the Indian. I get a SWEET 38 signal. Clear as a button. But, just like yesterday with the Lire, it was halfway down the depth gauge. Why is it so clear & loud if it's halfway down at 6", I thought? I had a good feeling. I was actually thinking quarter, however, never in a MILLION years what I got! Once again, under a root, my pinpointer picks up the signal. Push the dirt out from under the root, grab a fistful and toss it on the side of the hole. Find it with the pinpointer, reach for it, and HOLY $HIT, it's a seated quarter!!! An 1877 S. This is my first seated quarter e-v-e-r [Image: dancing.png] I ran over to Tony practically in tears of joy. 10 years of heavy duty detecting, and swinging off & on prior to that, since I was a teenager, and never got a seated larger than a dime. Never even thought it was going to happen.

I cannot believe the strange, mysterious ways in which life works. If I never made the wrong turn on my way to our main hunting spot yesterday, I probably would've never found this spot. 2 seateds in 2 days - one of them big silver! Trust me, you won't hear me complaining for a looooooong time, even if I'm finding nothing but clad, as this weekend was phenomenal!

Joe
Right on Joe!!!! Keep on hammering that area. If you can get your hands on one of those big coils, hit again. Bet you keep getting seated there. Congratulations!
Joe--you are on fire!!  Mr. Seated!!  WTG!!

You are digging some nice goodies in that area.  I would pound it until nothing is left.

Great Job!!
Congrats on the oldies! I have only found one seated quarter - 1876-s one year before yours, now you need to find a few more.
Here are some winter sledding pictures from the same spot][attachment=860][attachment=861][attachment=862][attachment=863][attachment=864]
Reference URL's