Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The Dream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all have our dreams. At least, we should, as it's what keeps us going. Mine is very simple, and under different circumstances, if I wasn't attached, and didn't have any kids, I would travel the country out of a small teardrop trailer, and detect full time. I'd also write. Read a lot. Meet a bunch of great people. And find some kickass stuff.

Mortage free, no bills, no headaches, no stress, just me and the road and the great outdoors.

Below is my dream home on wheels. Just hook it up to a truck, and you're good to go. Kitchen, bathroom, AC, boob tube, tell me, does anyone really need any more than this to live comfortably?

http://www.tab-rv.com/model?id=74&model=TaB-Max-CS-S

Joe
That's what I always say too Joe. If the wife ever left me, there would NEVER be another. I'd just do my own thing. Sell the house and buy a couple detectors. Travel, relax...ohhh yeeeaaahhhh!
Yeah, I certainly would look for another adventure too but never planned the how too. I probably would try searching for big treasures, like that Nazi train or similar
Sounds like my kind of rodeo! I'd love to do all of what you've just mentioned Joe.
But I think we will need something a little bigger. Because ill be coming along. We can get a school bus and completely gut it and rebuild everything. The detector bus. Can't wait. Should be a blast :p
Look at what's going on with the whole tiny house movement. Finally! People are starting to wake up, and realizing, we have TOO MUCH DAMN CRAP! Everybody wants to live bigger, better, like a celebrity, BUT...

They don't realize they're paying dearly for all that nonsense, with the most precious commodity they have...time.

Our journey here is quite short. We can spend it paying off tons of useless crap, and enduring sickness & stress, or we can simplify, and live below our means. Choosing the latter, you'll materially have less, but personally...

You'll be the richest sonofabitch in the world Yes

Ok, off my soapbox, gotta go watch my 1,500" flat screen plasma now Chuckle

Joe
Dreams are still that though Joe! You never know if it can happen. Driving around the country sounds like a great idea. I've seen some RV's parked next to houses over here that I'm pretty sure have larger Square Footage than the damn house. That little teardrop unit is a dream come true though. Without the responsibilities/exceptions you mentioned, I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Maybe that old song, "Free Bird", had another meaning that some are taking to heart. Hindsight is always 20/20. Don't regret the miss. Go forward as well and as fast as you can. And don't stop.

Ed
Reference URL's