Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Diminishing Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have one
school yard site that always seems to give up something after I think I cleaned it out about the 100th time. So when I get a new detector, go back there and see what it may churn up. Hoping for one last piece of gold out of there..........
Wow, what a post ---- please keep the tips coming! Tell me more about deep ones.
Guys, here in NJ there are old parks and property's ---- so stuff is here but not like Europe which is much older. And please don't sell your machines - no brag here with me - We are great full for where we live, the amount of people from the past is high.
I was just a simple coin shooter - I would just go to a park to unwind with the amount of quarters being the highlight.....and my first several years detecting - I was just a happy camper to go detecting - let alone find an old coin - or jewerly.
I joined a club in north jersey and was amazed at how many silver coins folks were finding. Then I got the bug to find some. New detector and coil and asking a ton of questions.
This post is about hunted out parks ---- I love them -
I always go back and sometimes it does seem like a waste of time but you have too figure out where stuff is - you have to have a gut feeling - here it is and this is corny -
"Trust the force Luke" - that is what I use - I try to figure out a warn out path or a sitting spot or a fringe area, or maybe I dig two or three surface trash Items in a 15 inch circle and then maybe there is a wheat cent below or a silver dime, you never know. I heard of guys who dug bottle caps to see if there are any coins below.
Now one thing is for sure - completion and the good kind like this site - it helps you focus and try different things in hopes of doing whatever you can to come home with more stuff.
I know folks in FLA that look for old boat houses on land of course that are no longer there and they will hold old silver coins. Yeah sand will make stuff sink but there must be old picnick areas or old long gone homes - try the front lawns.
I hope this doesn't seem like I ran on - good luck to all
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's