Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 81 & Snowy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, ok, not really, but close!

It was 81 last week, and has been above average temp wise about 3 quarters of the winter, so, go figure, we're getting 4" to 8" of snow...on the first day of spring!

WTF?!?!?!

Joe
Whiner! Chuckle

Back in 94 I had gotten up for work at 3:00 am to drive to a stone job down in Findlay about 100 miles SW of Cleveland. It was April 23rd and there was 24" of snow on the ground and still snowing heavily. I made it into work before 7:00 am!

We're getting an inch or less on Sunday! NA, NA, NA, NA NA!!!!

Ed
(03-17-2016 08:06 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Whiner! Chuckle

Back in 94 I had gotten up for work at 3:00 am to drive to a stone job down in Findlay about 100 miles SW of Cleveland. It was April 23rd and there was 24" of snow on the ground and still snowing heavily. I made it into work before 7:00 am!

Ed

That's called WORK ETHIC Yes When you're in the trades and a wall has to go up or you're managing a crew of guys, the contractor doesn't give two shits about snow, rain, or even a typhoon for that matter. Time is money, and the schedule must be met. Not to generalize, but that's why your generation was known for their toughness. Now imagine some 22 year old kid that pecks away on a keyboard all day. He sees a few flakes flying and he calls out sick.

I was never in the trades, but I've been working since I was 18. Strictly commission. If my ass isn't at work, and selling, I don't eat!

I admire work ethic, whether someone pushes a broom, or is the CEO of a fortune 500 company.

Joe
Here in mass there saying 4_6. I say bring it on i have detected in more than that. 

Ed you have balls.  These kids now a days see snow and no work for them. Bullshit what's becoming of people like us get up every day to make ends meet
You got it Joe! Now a days that jump in the boots trade stuff is long gone here! It's taken me over a week to ACTUALLY GET OUT OF BED at 8:00 am!! But man, those were the days. If I had to work a commision only job I'd be so scared SHI%^*#$ I think I'd be afraid to really get out of bed. Kudos to you!! Yes

Ed

(03-17-2016 09:44 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2016 08:06 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Whiner! Chuckle

Ed

That's called WORK ETHIC Yes When you're in the trades and a wall has to go up or you're managing a crew of guys, the contractor doesn't give two shits about snow, rain, or even a typhoon for that matter. Time is money, and the schedule must be met. Not to generalize, but that's why your generation was known for their toughness. Now imagine some 22 year old kid that pecks away on a keyboard all day. He sees a few flakes flying and he calls out sick.

I was never in the trades, but I've been working since I was 18. Strictly commission. If my ass isn't at work, and selling, I don't eat!

I admire work ethic, whether someone pushes a broom, or is the CEO of a fortune 500 company.

Joe
Those were the days, Ed. We did what we had to do and thought it was the only way or the right thing - these days are way different.
I can't get my head to really believe we will get a huge snow storm - what a bunch of crap.....
(03-18-2016 09:49 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Those were the days, Ed. We did what we had to do and thought it was the only way or the right thing - these days are way different.
I can't get my head to really believe we will get a huge snow storm - what a bunch of crap.....

Yes they were and those lying SOBS have done it again! I can't believe it but the radar shows it dissipated or something!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/olmsted...ar/2113357

Ed
Reference URL's