Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another Field Day Diggin W/Deus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

took the Deus out to a new permission/site that has obviously been cherry picked in the past due to the lack of certain targets showing up as well as what I actually did pull from the dirt.

Ran Stock Deus Fast program but bumped the tones up to 4

Worth mention:

1883 Injun
1867 Injun (semi key date)
Cool S of V pin (sons of Vet) civil war
Ball button
4 Hole Button
Key wind
Toe Tap
Pistol ball
lantern parts
etc.

Pictures tell the story Big Grin

[Image: EvensDigs%201_zpsnqmh5gdw.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%202_zps1zqi5xwf.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%203_zpsgsmapg5j.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%204_zpska2bm1lx.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%205_zpsow6b5cri.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%206_zpsyeunrldd.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%207_zpsstsn4i0z.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%208_zpszbnaanle.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%209_zps66h5pzsi.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%2010_zpsv9n2xaci.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%2011_zpsywas0dgm.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%2012_zpsqcvju4jl.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%2013_zpsiclgee2a.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%2014_zps8rexd0bd.jpg]

[Image: EvensDigs%2015_zpsprrcneah.jpg]

After closer inspection of the small pin it has an S over V which made it look like 2 S's

and

I have it upside down in the picture above

but

what it actually is = a 1 piece "Sons Of Veteran" Cavalry Pin -- pat. 1887 -- it must have been sewn directly into/on a hat or the like? Or is a cuff link?

[Image: IMG_2717_zpsvy19luvo.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2716_zpsntqmyobq.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2715_zpsedrfi3al.jpg]
Holy crap great finds and a bunch of them no less. Love field hunting as its easy swinging and most time cool finds. HH glad you had a great hunt
Wayne, that was a VERY productive hunt Yes Love that SS pin!

I've only hit a handful of farms over the years, with the last being many years ago...until yesterday, when I finally hunted another. The soil composition was of a wet sand variety, and extremely mineralized, to the point that the soil itself would make the detector chatter, make pinpointing items difficult, etc. Plus there was a significant amount of iron trash in some spots. Fortunately, targets weren't that deep. But boy...

In an environment like that, it is strikingly easy to see the drawbacks of using a Minelab. It got the job done with some finessing, but on a basic level. Experiencing that type of environment again yesterday, made me appreciate MUCH better the speed/separation units, that I DIDN'T have Wink

Joe
Awesome finds , the sons of veterans item is interesting.
Field hunting is a fun part of this hobby.
  GL and HH 
     Pat
I have to admire you MRH!! I've never tried farm fields but I've heard it's tough. You have a number of great finds and that SS pin is FABULOUS! Yes Guess that DEUS is cutting through the iron pretty good. Great finds and hunt!!!

Ed
My gosh you were busy digging all that stuff! How long did you hunt and were you all over the field or, as the finds suggest, near an old house site? Like the pin a lot, and the round button too.
Great day! You have alot of nice relics there. I bet that site will keep on giving for a long time yet. Awesome digs!
Great pictures- nice and sharp--great finds!  How are you liking the Deus ? Thinking of getting one Tony.
That is what I would call a GREAT DAY!! Congrats to you Wayne, The You and the Deus are clicking for sure.
Nice!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's