Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New unit, fisher f44? Or?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, if you know who I am you should know from some posts I've been looking for a detector for Cassandra for awhile now. Craigslist, eBay and classifieds. Its been almost 3 months of looking and have had 3 deals fall through and I'm honestly tired of waiting and think we are going to just get a new detector instead.
I'm looking for something that's 2.6lbs and under and a good begineer detector that'll do great in the fields and home sites. Anywhere from 200-400 and 500 MAX if its what we are looking for. Only thing I've found so far that meets my requirements is the fisher f44 with the 11DD.
Everything else is to heavy. When she swings my at pro(3.1lbs) , after 30 minutes she has to hold it with two hands...lol. So she really needs something light weight, and a all around good unit. Doesn't need all kinds of crazy extras. Just would like good depth and discrimination and light weight. Something simple but good.

If anyone has used the f44 or knows about it, feel free to give some input because that's what I'm currently aiming towards unless I find something better.

Thanks in advance,

Cassandra and Zach
Hey guys, I've watched some videos and read reviews on the f44 and I think it'll be the perfect fit for cassandra. Its light and from what I read, gets the job done. And done well for its price range. Also has some nice extras for its price range. I'm pretty much sold as of right now. The only thing I'm curious about is the 11" tear drop concentric coil verison($350) vs the 11Dd coil one($400). I'm not a master at coils yet but I understand and know about them a bit and kinda understand how they work. But would it be worth it and better with the DD? or should I stick with the 11" tear drop concentric? Is it just preference? Locations? Or?
Also like I said before, if you've used the f44 or any of the F series I'd love some feedback, how you like it. Or even what you might have heard about them.
Thanks in advance and I hope this is finally the one!
Zach i use the T2 it is 3.8 lbs great depth and super fast. I did also look at the f44 but after research and the warranty it came with i could not pass it up. Good luck in your search for Cassandra's new detector
I have not used the new f series fishers , but I used an f2 before getting the at pro.
I loved the lightweight design and it got pretty good depth . Once I got used to the pinpointer on it ( lift it up two inches , push the pinpoint button and scan) it was pretty accurate for coin sized items.
   It is still my backup machine or a guest detector when my son is too busy to detect.
   I hope you find her a good machine.
HH
Pat

Ps , if you do get the f44 let us know what you think of it.
Keep in mind, some of the heavier machines have the options of hip mount. This makes the swinging handle extremely light. Just throwing out other choices. Regardless, I hope you find a light unit for her. That way she can kick your butt on a hunting trip. You know that will happen, and she will replay the event often at all the holidays when all the family and friends around. Hopefully this won't be to stressful for you. Lol!
First things first...

I'd stay away from Craigslist all together, too many chances to get burned. I've used the service many times before, and never had an issue, but it's really a roll of the dice.

eBay is decent, but lot of the "Buy it Now" items don't really offer any savings, so your best bet would be an auction, IMO.

The classifieds gives up killer deals all the time, but you need to jump on an ad fairly soon after it's posted. Or, hit up a local pawn shop, as I've seen some TERRIFIC deals in them, but don't expect big availability or many options. If you time it right though, you can save a ton, as their big movers tend to be jewelry, musical instruments, etc., and the detectors are tougher for them sell, which presents an opportunity for you.

The Fisher F2 or F5 is a PERFECT starter detector, and they're even actually good enough to find mostly everything, without the large price tag.

Joe
Thanks everyone for the input! I'll consider it all Happy
(03-23-2016 07:26 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone for the input! I'll consider it all Happy
Hey Zach. I found a Tek G2+. It is real light with the stock coil. A real good detector. I think it is the same as the F2. I found it on E-bay from a dealer in Texas. Saved 300$ or so.......Right out of the box, warranty and all. Just sayin..........
Thanks cookies! I'll look into the g2+ I've heard about it before but never looked at the specs.

Hey cookie, I looked into the g2+ and at 2.5lbs that's great. I like it. If I can find a used one for the price you found yours I'd be all over it. Maybe I'll get lucky soon. But if not I'm going to have to purchase a new detector, sadly...or go with the f2 used.
Reference URL's