Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #17 FTY & 13 Wheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been pushing it at work so I can beat any rainy weather! Only been able to get out about an hour a day except yesterday (Sunday) where we had about 2 inches of snow on the ground, so I called off the crew and decided to sleep in and catch up on my rest. Simply dog assed tired at age 65!

From the 10th on wasn't able to find any silver at all. Lot of wheats and some clad but nothing really spectacular. Felt pretty good today and decided to put in about an hour and a half at a park I've been hitting successfully. Was doing the grass for about an hour where memorials were driving me nuts and gave up and headed to the sidelines of some trails surrounding the park! BINGO!!! 10 minutes in hit the 43 Merc!

Am still whooped! The crew I have is pretty seasoned this year but we are opening 1 week earlier than normal because of scheduling and we simply can't make any mistakes. Weather is iffy for about 4 work days of the next two weeks and we just can't string and stripe 23 fields at 2 different locations in those conditions. I have the floating crew until their Easter break is over (Easter Sunday) and from then on it'll be me and two other young men to finish it up. We'll have about 3,200 players hitting the fields on the weekend of April 2nd so I'll post when I can. It's a real zoo, let me tell you!!

I want to mention that I heard from Leo today at work and he's going to be hosting the Minelab Booth (I think) at the MD Gold Show in San Francisco, CA pretty soon (Weekend after Easter???). He's going to fill us in on the details soon. So any of you CA guys and gals that want to go see and talk to one of the legends in detecting, you have the chance!!

Hope all is well for everyone! Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Congrats Ed! You sure are plowing through the signals to find those shiny ones! We'll done Sir!
Great saves Ed!! Very glad your at least getting out sometimes digging keeps us young. HH bud gl with the fields
Stress and deadlines will kill you Ed. Hope you can catch a few breaks now and then, if only for a half hour or so, and hit those parks where you find silver. Nice way to take the edge off of work pressures. Nice Merc!
Nice recoveries Ed. I know everyone could us some money. But try not to kill yourself. Good luck on your future hunts.
Gotta love those fringe areas, congratulations on #17.
Good luck with the kiddies, I know they will enjoy the field from all of your hard work.
Congrats on #17 fty! That's a shit ton of wheats too! You could of bought a whole dinner back in the day with that many pennies! Sweet! Hope ya can get out there as much as possible and look forward to some more great finds. Keep it up and happy hunting

Zach
Congrats on # 17 !!! And I can feel for you lining all those fields, did it for 30 years as head grounds keeper for 10 years and than the supervisor for the next 20 years for the Butler BOE.
Hey Ed. 17 already and I haven't even charged my batteries yet. I see another 100 year for you. Good luck with work.
(03-26-2016 01:36 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ed. 17 already and I haven't even charged my batteries yet. I see another 100 year for you. Good luck with work.

Ha!! Good to hear from you Will! Man, I sure hope that 100 mark comes to fruition, but I'm going to have to turn up some new areas to do it! Good luck to you this coming season!!

Ed
Reference URL's