Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I love getting a parcel.... ...even more so when two arrive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shipped direct from Deteknix factory in Hong Kong.
Pretty quick considering it left HK on March 19th and arrived today March 21st.
What's inside those two parcels? We'll soon see.
Stay tuned...............................

Laughing
[attachment=7889]
Awesome shit man! Can't wait to see! One lucky guy you areYesYes
Enjoy!!!
Hurry up and give it a tryout. Hope it exceeds your expectations. If not, send it my way---I'd like to get a parcel too!
Did hung lo send this product?

Just kidding, I know your a expert with validating a machines capabilities and trust your opinion on the Pros vs Cons. I look forward to your review and your opinion will help introduction to US market or stop it in its track. What can this machine do?
Sneaked inside the Parcel--Goodies

Full Quest detector with accessory kit:
Detector, wireless headphones, battery charger for detector/headphones, trash pouch, digger tool, hat
Plus:
Wader rechargeable waterproof pinpointer
Wireless headset and transmitter I can use with other detectors.

Assembled the Quest, not cheap looking or feeling. It is quality..............

Read the manual, will be easy to operate. Similarities to a detector I have owned and really liked. Haven't turned it on yet.
Thats awesome Sven can't wait to hear how it performs, waiting on my deteknix pinpointer to arrive. Tired of my broken one and they backed there product
Not just blowing smoke here, I actually think that's one of the coolest looking machines that's been released in quite some time. Of course, performance is what ultimately matters, and only time will tell on that front, but I like the way Deteknix is heading on the aesthetics front. It's very Deus-like, but more sporty, and appears like it could take some lumps.

I would use something like that in the woods in a heartbeat, where I prefer something lightweight & fast.

Good luck, Sven, give us the full report on it, when you're able Yes

Joe
Just a quick note
Air Test performance is incredible for a detector like this.
About 16" on my 14kt gold wedding band in all metal mode.
About 18" on a silver dollar coin.
Yeah, yeah...only air tests, in the ground is what matters.

I have one of the original models as pictured above.
But has a few changes made program wise. Spent 4 hours or so bench testing.
It has good potential, I like it. Overall design and concept is excellent.

A new version with improvements suggested by others are now being implemented, physically and software wise. Shows Deteknix is on the ball, getting a superb product on the market.

Weather was ok this morning for a couple hours, visited the backyard while I watched the grumpy cats fly around chasing this and that, Quest in hand. Then the coldĀ  rain started. Weather will not be cooperative until Sat. Will have to wait until then to head out and see what the Quest will find.
Sven, those air tests are impressive, but yes, in the ground is what counts. Is it just a coincidence that it's almost a design clone of a Deus, or are they purposely going after a similar market? The Deus' are pretty much iron work units, not so much dedicated coin or beach hunting units. Is this the crowd they're going after?

Reason I'm asking is, I'd like to understand better what niche the detector excels at. Or maybe it's an all-purpose unit?

Joe
It's actually a mix of a number of detector designs. Trying to choose the best features from many others, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't when all put together. So improvements and alterations are currently in progress...........so current versions of the Quest are not currently being marketed in the US. You'll have to wait for the new improved version. Current version was mostly distributed as test units........reason for the mixed reviews.

Features and menu system similar to the Teknetics T2 with some added features.
Think its going to be geared as a middle of the road, general purpose detector for the above average end user. What it has going for it is its compact, waterproof and can double as a water rain hunting detector like the AT pro and MX Sport.
Wireless headset is a bonus.

It will not replace your Deus or any other higher end machine.
Reference URL's