Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: silver england find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations!!! Amazing find Steveo, and happy you found it. It is truely a awesome and Museum quality! But I probably couldn't part with it. Hope you find more wonderful items. GL HH!

That's a banner item for sure.
That's a breathtaking discovery and would probably be the find of a lifetime for 99%
of detectorists.  Congrats over and over again. Do you have to deal with antiquities laws when you dig in England? Permits etc?
(03-24-2016 10:40 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]That's a breathtaking discovery and would probably be the find of a lifetime for 99%
of detectorists.  Congrats over and over again. Do you have to deal with antiquities laws when you dig in England? Permits etc?

yes everything you find older than 35 years has to go though the museum. and get catalogued. gold things and treasures can be kept and bought by museum. the silver coin cannot be claimed as treasure unless someone else finds the same coin in the same field, it could happen but doubtful. As it takes to of the same to be classified as treasure, Gold only takes one, but right now they are not buying unless they are rare. Everything we do as a club has to be by the book and that keeps everyone happy farmers, government and hunters
Thought maybe someone might want to see the back
[attachment=7951]
(03-23-2016 09:15 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it was a great feeling when I seen it come out of the ground. I just knew it was great as I have never found anything like it. There are lots of different designs from this emperor but this design there is only one other coin so far like it.
I wish I could have stayed longer as it was so much fun.  So I will have to wait till next year before I get to do it again. I cannot wait
When you do come again, be sure to let me know, cause I live in England and have a few permissions we could detect on!
Sweet to see some hunters adding to the banner. Awesome find all the way around. Congrats.
Terrific find, congratulations.
Also very cool club web site.
(03-23-2016 09:40 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]One fabulous coin and one very memorable trip! I have to be honest and say that I really envy those fellas detecting across the pond. They have so much history underneath their feet. Great find and thank you for sharing Steve!

I'd also say that's a banner for sure!

Ed/ODF
Trust me, you shouldn't envy us, in fact I can't even break the 1900 barrier! I keep finding bolts and pieces of scrap!need a detector that actually works,waiting for the Garrett ace 200 to come out
I'm a bit late to the party here but nice find/s SteveO Yes

Sounds like a fun trip!

Got any more pics of other finds from over there??

Would love to see any Happy

BeerBeer
(04-08-2016 06:19 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit late to the party here but nice find/s SteveO Yes

Sounds like a fun trip!

Got any more pics of other finds from over there??

Would love to see any Happy

BeerBeer

The only other picture I have is my gold and it got buried its on the second page. I will have some more in a couple months I will try to get another picture of my gold by it self up tonight.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's